UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

UART Bankless Pin for ZYBO on Vivado

Hello,

I am working on implementing a very simple design to approach the UART concept. [controlling LED using UART message]

According to the ZYBO manuel, this is all about the UART pin.

UART_Inquiry.JPG

I got that message while implementation:

[Common 17-69] Command failed: 'J11' is not a valid site or package pin name.

After checking, I found that J11 is categorized as a Bankless pin, which does not fulfill what is mentioned in the ZYBO Manuel.

How to solve this problem??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: UART Bankless Pin for ZYBO on Vivado

J11 is the connector on the PCB where the USB-UART is connected (ie the microUSB connector). It has nothing to do with which pins on the FPGA the UART connects to. A closer look at the datasheet reveals that MIO48 (pin B12) and MIO49 (pin C12) are the relevant connections.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: UART Bankless Pin for ZYBO on Vivado

hi,

looking at the MIO pinout for Zybo board, it looks that MIO48 and MIO49 are connected to the UART1 controller.

refer to snapshot attached. 

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.png
0 Kudos