UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Unplaced IODELAY_GROUP Problem

Hi,

I have used two IDELAY_CTRL for two modules in my design. One is being used for "Tri Mode Ethernet" core in my design. The other one is used inside my ADC_Module. When I tried to implement design I got below Error:

[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (PLIDC-1) IDELAYCTRL DRC Checks - IODELAY elements have been found to be associated with IODELAY_GROUP 'tri_mode_ethernet_mac_iodelay_grp', but there is no IDELAYCTRL associated with this IODELAY_GROUP.
[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (PLIDC-10) IDELAYCTRL DRC Checks - There are 27 IDELAY/ODELAY/IODELAY instances in the design which requires IDelayCtrl, but there is no IDelayCtrl instance
[Vivado_Tcl 4-23] Error(s) found during DRC. Placer not run.

Then I added below lines in my Ethernet module to assign a group to that IDELAY_CTRL used for "Tri Mode Ethernet".

attribute IODELAY_GROUP : STRING;
attribute IODELAY_GROUP of ETHIDLYAYCTRL_inst: label is "tri_mode_ethernet_mac_iodelay_grp";

begin
ETHIDLYAYCTRL_inst : IDELAYCTRL
port map (
RDY => open, -- 1-bit output: Ready output
REFCLK => iFastCLK, -- 1-bit input: Reference clock input
RST => sDLYCTRL_RST -- 1-bit input: Active high reset input

After this change in the code. I ran the Synthesis and then Implementation. I got below Errors regarding IDELAY2 elements inside my ADC_Module.

[Place 30-578] Found un-associated IO delay instances in the design. The list of IO delay instances without an associated IdelayCtrl is as follows:
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[0].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[15].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[2].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[1].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/IDLYAYE2_ADC_OR_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[13].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[10].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[11].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[14].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[9].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[12].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[3].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[4].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[5].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[6].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[7].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST
ADC_Module_INST/ADC_Data_IDLY_GEN[8].IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST

I have added this piece of code inside my ADC_Module:

attribute IODELAY_GROUP : STRING;
attribute IODELAY_GROUP of ADCIDLYAYCTRL_inst: label is "IDLYAYE2_sADC_DAT_INST";

begin

ADCIDLYAYCTRL_inst : IDELAYCTRL

However, placer can't detect to group this IDELAY_CTRL with those IODELAY2 elements inside my ADC_Module.

I am wondering if there is another way to specify such group or not?

I am using Vivado2014.4 and my FPGA is Kintex-7.

I appreciate any help.

Hossein

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Unplaced IODELAY_GROUP Problem

Hi @embedded

I suggest you to write IODELAY_GROUP xdc constraints in xdc file using below steps:

1. Open synthesized design and search for cells of type IDELAY/ODELAY/IDELAYCTRL.

2. Now write the below constraints to group all the IDELAY/IDELAYCTRL instance of IP and ADC to different groups using the constraint below in XDC.

set_property IODELAY_GROUP group_name [get_cells cell_name]

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar embedded
Scholar

Hi @vuppala,

Thank you for your response. I have searched cells of type IDELAY_CTRL. It lists the IDELAY_CTRL cells in the search result list. However, I can't zoom in on the cell in the device view of opened synthesis file. Besides, I am wondering which name I should use as the name of that cell? Would you please help me in finding which name of the cells I should use?

I tried something like below line. But, it fails and doesn't work:

set_property IODELAY_GROUP IDELAYCTRL1 [get_cells IDELAYCTRL_X1Y1]

set_property IODELAY_GROUP IDELAYCTRL2 [get_cells IDELAYCTRL_X0Y3]

which "IDELAYCTRL1" & "IDELAYCTRL2" are the names I gave to two IDELAYCTRL primitives I used inside my ADC & Ethernet modules.

Thanks,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @embedded

In your case, xdc constraint looks like below:

set_property IODELAY_GROUP tri_mode_ethernet_mac_iodelay_grp [get_cells ETHIDLYAYCTRL]

set_property IODELAY_GROUP IDLYAYE2_SADC_DAT_INST [get_cells ADCIDLYAYCTRL]

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos