UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

[Vivado: 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property

Highlighted
Visitor

[Vivado: 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property

I have connected a single ended input signal to an n-type E26(IO_L17N_T2_A13_D29_14) pin in Bank 14 of Kintex-7 FPGA. This input signal is routed to a deserializer macro (1:10) inside the design. The design fails in the implementation stage with this warning (attached snapshot). I tried connecting the signal to a P-type pin, which results in successful implementation, however the pin for this input signal is fixed to E26, i need to find out a way to perform successful implementation. Suggestions are awaited.

Capture1.JPG

Re: [Vivado: 12-1411] Cannot set LOC property

This issue can occur due to incorrect use of IBUFDS_GTE2 for MRCCs.

When differential clocks are coming from MRCCs or SRCCs, IBUFGDS/IBUFDS should be used, not an IBUFDS_GTE2.

The problem can be resolved by replacing the IBUFDS_GTE2 with an IBUFGDS/IBUFDS.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

Hi @pooja.yadav

Are you changing the package pins input to p type in xdc? If yes, try adding this command after input port is set to p type package pin:

set_property IS_LOC_FIXED true [get_ports <port_name>]

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @pooja.yadav

Are you cascading ISERDES and OSERDES by any chance?

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Visitor

Hi Rohit,

I am not changing package pins input to p type. Since the input signal is a single ended signal, I am simply connected it to E26 using LVCMOS25 standard. The input has to be connected to E26 which is an n-type.

Attached snapshot from xdc file.

Capture2.JPG
Visitor

No. I am not cascading ISERDES and OSERDES.
Visitor

Hi Balkrishan,

I haven't used any differential clocks/inputs in my design. I am not sure where you are referring to use IBUFDS/IBUFGDS.