UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado 2018.2 Implementation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am currently using Vivado 2018.2 for Zynq7045. This project is being migrated from Virtex6 based implementation using ISE 14.7. 

Majority of our changes are to upgrade older LogicCore IFFT IP(7.1) to 9.1 and similar for dividers and block memories.

The Netlist generated after Implementation has very few nets and all blocks interfaced directly to IFFT module including the IFFT module itself are getting optimized out. The Synthesized Netlist has all the nets required for the project as well as the IFFT and related modules. 

I am unable to understand the reason why over 3000 nets and the IFFT and related modules are being optimized.

Could you please help me with this problem? I can provide more relevant details as long as they are generic and do not disclose anything major about the design.

-Vanshika

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Vivado 2018.2 Implementation

Jump to solution

You may try to enable -debug_log option in opt_design to get more information about suspicious optimizations.

A few possible causes for the trimming:

1. Could be due to a clock or control signal that became constant.
  2. A reduced signal entering a cone of logic that pushes forward and optimizes away lots of logic in its path.
  3. A loadless driver that is swept backwards, also sweeping lots of upstream logic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

You may try to enable -debug_log option in opt_design to get more information about suspicious optimizations.

A few possible causes for the trimming:

1. Could be due to a clock or control signal that became constant.
  2. A reduced signal entering a cone of logic that pushes forward and optimizes away lots of logic in its path.
  3. A loadless driver that is swept backwards, also sweeping lots of upstream logic.
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Re: Vivado 2018.2 Implementation

Jump to solution

@vanshika_chawla

Open the synthesized design and run opt_design -verbose -debug_log which will give additional details.

check the following answer record: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58616.html

For details of "Logic Optimization" check this link: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf#page=51

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: Vivado 2018.2 Implementation

Jump to solution

I added dont_touch to the RTL files. The nets are not being removed now. But I would still like to know the actual reason the nets are being removed. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I was able to enable verbose for opt_design. The log files showed that lots of nets were being removed. 

I am still unsure about the reason its being optimized.

-Vanshika

0 Kudos