Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado crashes when reading checkpoint for incremental flow

Hello,

I´m having some trouble using the incremental flow with Vivado. When reading in the design checkpoint Vivado exits with an "abnormal program termination (11)".

I have tried this more than a couple of times, it always crashes in the same step. I´m running on CentOS 6.5 (64-bit), but also tried on another machine with CentOS 6.3 (I know this is not officially supported, just wanted to see if there´s the same behavior).

I attached the vivado.log and the error log. I´m having trouble finding a hint towards where the problem might be. Additionally there´s also my tcl run script. 

Does somebody have an idea if I´m doing something wrong or what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance

Antonio

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The flow looks proper to me.

Is it possible to share the test case for debug purpose?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Is it possible to try in a supported OS?

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I am seeing a similar crash when trying a hierarchical design flow using 2015.4 on Windows 7 64bit.

I have a synthesised top level with black boxed components which I want to populate with an implemented (routed) checkpoint. I create the implemented checkpoints and then try to load them using read_checkpoint. I seem to be able to load two, sometimes three checkpoints before loading the next one causes a crash.

To be honest I find the example design scripts very hard to decipher (UG946) as i'm no tcl expert. A more simple example design script would be a great help.

0 Kudos