cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

how to accelerate synthesis/implement/bit in vivado?

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone! 

I wonder if there is a way to avoid all re-implementation that Vivado takes for any updates of the design! For example, I just add a signal to one of the HLS implemented modules, and unfortunately, Vivado re-implemented all the design. I wonder if there are caches or options that user can tell to Vivado to just re-implement the parts regarding the newly added signal! Sine, it is really tedious whenever you want to add or apply a small modification in a huge design consist of several HLS/VHDL modules. I know we can use floorplanning to have fixed implementation for parts of the design, but this is also time-consuming. I wonder if such an auto-option to tell Vivado to be aware of new signals and just re-implemented parts regarding this new signal. 

thank you, 
Farnam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: how to accelerate synthesis/implement/bit in vivado?

Jump to solution

@fkhalili

An easy way would be to use Incremental compile option in Vivado:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57853.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@fkhalili

An easy way would be to use Incremental compile option in Vivado:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57853.html

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

We all want that. Implementing HDL is not compiling software. A compiler task is relatively straightforward, Software guys tweak something and compile and run, don't stop to analyze whether is right or not, it's faster that way. This is different. We build less and think more (or at least pretend...).

One way you might get an improvement is by having a hierarchy of block diagrams. I think those who are not modified are cached. I haven't tried it (too busy dragging things on the floor to give wheels a try, you know) but I have the feeling it might speed things up a fraction.

Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@johnvivm@syedz

Hi Guys! 

Thank you so much for your replies. Yes, even though if one was a good Vivado player you might have committed some careless mistakes pushing you forward to re-synthesis the design. 

0 Kudos