cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

how to: e-read PACKAGE_PIN constraints after opt_design and before place_design.

Jump to solution

AR# 68121 suggests: 

The work-around for the issue is to re-read PACKAGE_PIN constraints after opt_design and before place_design.

Is this taken care of with a tcl pre/post script, is there a GUI flow to take care of re-reading the PACKAGE_PIN constraints?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I believe I found something that might help. There is a tcl script for implementation under the project_name/project_name.runs/impl_1 

In here there is a tcl command read_xcd <xdcname.xdc> I will give this a try and update the post if it works

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @skemp_ultrata

I don't think there is a GUI flow for it.

As you mentioned, you have to use tcl pre/post script to re-read the PACKAGE_PIN constraints.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Highlighted
Hi Vinay, thank you for replying. By re-read PACKAGE_PIN constraints is the article referring to the tcl command get_package_pins ? Is there a log or journal file where I could see the tools performing the original read command?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I believe I found something that might help. There is a tcl script for implementation under the project_name/project_name.runs/impl_1 

In here there is a tcl command read_xcd <xdcname.xdc> I will give this a try and update the post if it works

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @skemp_ultrata

You can copy the constraints to TCL file and source it in tcl.pre of place_design in implementation settings.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos