Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s002wjhw
Voyager
Voyager

ncd or xdl file vivado

Jump to solution

in ISE i can generated ncd/xdl file, is this something vivado can also generated?  if so what command/setting i should use?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
graces

NCD is a netlist format which is not supported by vivado. Vivado writes out netlist in .dcp after each phase.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
timothyv
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @s002wjhw 

I have attached a link to a forum question that may help answer your question. 

Forum: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Implementation/Xilinx-design-language-XDL-supported-in-Vivado/td-p/550363

I hope this helps! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
graces

NCD is a netlist format which is not supported by vivado. Vivado writes out netlist in .dcp after each phase.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.

View solution in original post

marcb

Hi @s002wjhw 

There are a few different output file types that can be generated. Is the purpose to just view the netlist connectivity and check settings/properties? If so, then the earlier mentioned DCP would be the way to do this. A writing and opening can be done the write_checkpoint and open_checkpoint commands respectively.

Also, you can write out an EDIF (write_edif), or Verilog (write_verilog) file. The Design Flows Guide might be helpful as well.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug892-vivado-design-flows-overview.pdf#page=78

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
marcb

Hi @s002wjhw 

Did any of the posts help answer your question? If so, I would mark the appropriate post as a solution, so that others who have the same question can find the same information later.

0 Kudos