cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor
Advisor

synthesis and implementation out-of-date

Vivado has undesireable behavoir related to the condition reported as "synthesis and implementation out-of-date".

When I edit a source file vivado indicates "synthesis and implementation out-of-date" so I compile the design.  After that, I open the design but it reports that I am opening a design for which synthesis and implementation is out-of-date and asks me if I want to open the design anyway.  This requires me to go through the full compile process a second time in order to make vivado happy.  That doubles the compile time and is very annoying.

As far as I can tell this happens anytime I touch a VHDL or XDC source.  When I check the "more info" button it just tells me that my XDC or VHDL source is modified but that is exactly the reason I compiled the first time.

Can someone provide a workaround or other guidance so I can avoid this annoyance?  It is really costing me a lot of time. I am using Vivado 2014.1 on MS Windows 7.

----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

This Out-of-Date issue occurs when an IPI design (e.g., design_1.bd in this example) contains IP cores that do not have the latest version of the IP.
This should not be a problem and should not put the project status out of date. However, because of an older IP core version, the IP Integrator will consider the design block as being "stale."
The IPI design block staleness state is determined independent of what was delivered for synthesis / implementation products (e.g., RTL sources, constraints, etc.). Therefore, it should not effect the Vivado project status.

There are two ways to work around this issue:

• Disable the design_1.bd file.
  • Force the synthesis / implementation runs up-to-date

Doing so will prevent this false run staleness condition from occurring, when opening or closing a project.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What are the changes you made to source file?

It is expected that the project runs go out of date when there are changes made to the source files. If you dont want to re-run the process, you can force it up to date as the other poster suggested.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)