cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

vivado 2017.2.1 halt in implementation?

I am using vivado 2017.2.1 in win64 for kintex ultrascale design , for many times when the vivado running in implementation step it just halted in route , but without any error message , so i need to restart the implementation again and again to overcome the problem , some of my colleagues have the same issue , so i wonder is this a bug in vivado 2017.2.1 , how can i fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: vivado 2017.2.1 halt in implementation?

@dlfc

Which device you are using? Are you facing any issue with 2017.2?

Please have look at this AR:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69598.html

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @dlfc

1. Please provide vivado.log file and if your implementation phase gets finish provide implementation log file. 

2. And also provide environment file by running tcl command "report_environment -file <file-path>.txt" .

3. Is this a project specific issue or you are facing it in every projects?

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @dlfc,

>>["implementation step it just halted in route, but without any error message"]

When you say it is halted, does the tool hang? What is the exact scenario? Else you should see something displayed in the tool message column or log.

- Try non-project mode temporarily to run route_design and see exactly at which phase this issue occurs and what message you get.

- Initially try changing the number of threads and jobs to run the design in tool. (AR60655)

- Share the files as mentioned above.

- If possible try the design in Vivado 2017.3.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos