Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RuashTime
Participant
Participant

Adding ES boards to vivado 2020.2

Jump to solution

I am trying to add the VCK190 es board to vivado 2020.2, I installed from xhub, it did not work. Then I try to put the board file in to C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2020.2\data\boards\board_files, it still didn't work, I also executed the set_param command, the boards still doesn't show up.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @RuashTime 

Pre-production(i.e ES parts) requires ES licenses and production licenses won't work here.

You need to gain access to the EA lounge, such as this one (since this is VCK190 related)

https://www.xilinx.com/member/vck190_headstart.html#docs

Once access is granted to the above lounge you can then generate the required versal licenses.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @RuashTime ,

Can you try adding command : enable_beta_device* to Vivado_init.tcl file and check if you see the board enabled correctly ?

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
RuashTime
Participant
Participant

I created the Vivado_init.tcl with command: enable_beta_device*, it pop up a window says Launch Vivado Failed, Launcher Time out. Then it will open, the tcl windows says:

RuashTime_2-1612163582510.png

RuashTime_1-1612163319338.png

RuashTime_0-1612163197141.png

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @RuashTime ,

Since the beta devices are not getting enabled, possible reasons for this could be -

1. You haven't installed Versal ES1 devices during installation. Here is how the selection during installation should be -

Capture.PNG

If this is the case, you can install these devices using Help --> Add Design Tools or Devices option

2. You don't have valid license for these devices. You can check this in Vivado License Manager.

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
RuashTime
Participant
Participant

Hey, @ashishd .

I already installed all of these:

RuashTime_0-1612164168805.png

Which license should I check? I can use VCK190 in Vivado 2020.2 tho, but no VCK 190 ES1. They have different license?

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @RuashTime ,

Yes you need ES1 license and enable_beta_device* command in order to access these devices. Your licensing account should have license named Versal Device Enablement License and Versal PDI Enablement License. Please confirm if you've installed these two licenses. You can get in touch with local FAE or authorized distributor from where you purchased this board, in case you can't find these licenses.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @RuashTime 

Pre-production(i.e ES parts) requires ES licenses and production licenses won't work here.

You need to gain access to the EA lounge, such as this one (since this is VCK190 related)

https://www.xilinx.com/member/vck190_headstart.html#docs

Once access is granted to the above lounge you can then generate the required versal licenses.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post