cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can't upgrade locked ip. License issue for development board.

Jump to solution

Can't upgrade ip's. license issue for locked IP on ZCU104.

The reason that I post anew is that the solution tried in the above post did not work for me, which was a re-install of the project.

I have a ZCU104 and have found two ip's which require a license upgrade. Specifically, when I "check_ip_status" the results for the two ip's are "unlicensed Upgrade IP, check IP license". The ip's are "zcu104_rv_ss_mipi_csi2_rx_subsystem_0_0" and  " bd_23e3_rx_0".

The license files that I have are, one that was included with my zcu104 purchase and another that I just got on a 60 day eval, just in case. Both have the same effect. The environmental variable XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE is set to the correct directory and since I don't get an error, I expect that it is being found.

I have found the ip file in question, zcu104_rv_ss_mipi_csi2_rx_subsystem_0_0, in zcu104-rv-ss-2018-3/petalinux/bsp_2/zcu104_rv_ss/zcu104_rv_ss.srcs/sources_1/bd/zcu104_rv_ss/ip. 

I have attempted to upgrade the ip's [upgrade_ip] or [update_ip_catalog] or several other combinations as suggested in "Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Designing with IP UG896" but without successful result. I received an error:

ERROR: [Common 17-163] Missing value for option 'objects', please type 'upgrade_ip -help' for usage info.

One other thing that I should mention is that when I entered the TCL command "report_ip_status" the result was not a "live" report but something like a pdf printout. I had read in other posts that this should give the user an option to "click" on options like "upgrade" etc.

Thank You

Tom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't upgrade locked ip. License issue for development board.

Jump to solution

Hello @miner_tom ,

Please note that mipi_csi2_rx_subsystem IP Core license requires a purchased IP Core license:

image.png

If you don't have a valid license for this IP, this wouls indicated why you can't upgrade this IP to a newer version of this IP.

The license that you got with ZCU104 is only a Device Locked Vivado related license (so a Software one and not an IP Core one).

Therefore, in order to upgrade this IP to a newer version, you'd need to have a valid license for this IP.

If this design for testing purposes and not for Production, you can obtain a Free Full IP Core Hardware Evaluation license from here:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-mipi-csi-rx.html

Click on 'Evaluate IP' and you'll be redirected to the license generation page where this particular license can be obtained from.

FYI - A LogiCORE IP Core Full System Hardware Evaluation license enables you to run through the entire design flow, including implementation, simulation, and bitstream generation. However, the generated bitstream contains circuitry that disables the design after two to eight hours of operation at the typical clock rate for the core. The actual duration of the operational period varies on a core-by-core basis. To start the device working again, you must reload the bitstream (reset or reprogram the device).

With this license in place, you'll be able to update this MIPI CSI Controller Subsystems IP Core in Vivado.

Also, please do the report_ip_status and make sure that for all of the IPs found, you don't see Design_Linking, but rather a Purchased or Hardware_Eval, as otherwise you won't be able generate your bitstream with Design_Linking licenses in place.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Can't upgrade locked ip. License issue for development board.

Jump to solution

Hello @miner_tom ,

Please note that mipi_csi2_rx_subsystem IP Core license requires a purchased IP Core license:

image.png

If you don't have a valid license for this IP, this wouls indicated why you can't upgrade this IP to a newer version of this IP.

The license that you got with ZCU104 is only a Device Locked Vivado related license (so a Software one and not an IP Core one).

Therefore, in order to upgrade this IP to a newer version, you'd need to have a valid license for this IP.

If this design for testing purposes and not for Production, you can obtain a Free Full IP Core Hardware Evaluation license from here:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-mipi-csi-rx.html

Click on 'Evaluate IP' and you'll be redirected to the license generation page where this particular license can be obtained from.

FYI - A LogiCORE IP Core Full System Hardware Evaluation license enables you to run through the entire design flow, including implementation, simulation, and bitstream generation. However, the generated bitstream contains circuitry that disables the design after two to eight hours of operation at the typical clock rate for the core. The actual duration of the operational period varies on a core-by-core basis. To start the device working again, you must reload the bitstream (reset or reprogram the device).

With this license in place, you'll be able to update this MIPI CSI Controller Subsystems IP Core in Vivado.

Also, please do the report_ip_status and make sure that for all of the IPs found, you don't see Design_Linking, but rather a Purchased or Hardware_Eval, as otherwise you won't be able generate your bitstream with Design_Linking licenses in place.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post