UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Cannot Build Target Ref Design for KC705 on Vivado

Jump to solution

I just purchased a KC705 kit, I want to rebuild the TRD as a startng point for my design.

• I installed the license,
  • opened the project using:

vivado -source k7_conn_gui_ipi.tcl
  • Implement Design [OK]
  • Generate bitstream, after some time, I got the following error
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not supported:
k7_connectivity_trd_wrapper_i/k7_connectivity_trd_i/Ethernet_Path/ten_gig_eth_mac_0/inst/k7_connectivity_trd_ten_gig_eth_mac_0_0_core/xgmac_inst (xgmac_gen__2)
k7_connectivity_trd_wrapper_i/k7_connectivity_trd_i/Ethernet_Path/ten_gig_eth_mac_1/inst/k7_connectivity_trd_ten_gig_eth_mac_1_0_core/xgmac_inst (xgmac_gen)

Note that:

• I have a short project path: E:\k7\hardware\vivado\scripts [I extracted the TRD in E:\k7\]
  • I tried to reset everything and rebuild >> Same error
  • I can read the following from the file: runs_ipi\k7_connectivity_trd.runs\impl_1\write_bitstream.pb
¡
@Attempting to get a license for feature '%s' and/or device '%s'
308*common2"
Implementation2default:default2
xc7k325t2default:defaultZ17-347h px
‘
0Got license for feature '%s' and/or device '%s'
310*common2"
Implementation2default:default2
xc7k325t2default:defaultZ17-349h px
W
Releasing license: %s
83*common2"
Implementation2default:defaultZ17-83h px
Ý
Command failed: %s
69*common2ª
•This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not supported:
k7_connectivity_trd_wrapper_i/k7_connectivity_trd_i/Ethernet_Path/ten_gig_eth_mac_0/inst/k7_connectivity_trd_ten_gig_eth_mac_0_0_core/xgmac_inst (xgmac_gen__2)
k7_connectivity_trd_wrapper_i/k7_connectivity_trd_i/Ethernet_Path/ten_gig_eth_mac_1/inst/k7_connectivity_trd_ten_gig_eth_mac_1_0_core/xgmac_inst (xgmac_gen)
2default:defaultZ17-69h px
}
Exiting %s at %s...
206*common2
Vivado2default:default2,
Sun Aug 02 18:54:02 20152default:defaultZ17-206h px

I cannot move forward from this point, I'm pretty new to Vivado flow.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Cannot Build Target Ref Design for KC705 on Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi @tarekeldeeb

If the IP is inside the block design (.bd) file then right click on the block design and perform the same operations.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @tarekeldeeb

This error occurs if you dont have license for the IP.

If you dont have purchased license for IP then you can generate free hardware evaluation license for the IP. If you want to generate the evaluation license, go to http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/do-di-10gemac.html and click on "evaluate" on the right.

After setting up the license regenerate the IP output products.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for support, I followed your steps and:

• Get the IP core evaluation license (The new IP is listed at the license manager)
  • Restart Vivado
  • Reset Everything
  • Tried to generate bitfile >> same error!

What can be still missing?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @tarekeldeeb

Right click on the IP in IP sources tab and select "reset output products" followed by "generate output products".

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Jump to solution

I cannot follow your instructions.screenshot.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @tarekeldeeb

If the IP is inside the block design (.bd) file then right click on the block design and perform the same operations.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Observer tarekeldeeb
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks Deepika for your continuous suport.

Finally I managed to: Reset Project  + IP Integrator > Generate Block Design + Generate bitstream.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Newbie gramalexus

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same problems , so could you explaine step by step how to solve it?

BR

0 Kudos