UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Changing the license server from Windows to Linux

Hi,

The Xilinx ZCU104 board was purchased and we got a license voucher for the SDSoC2018.2 Development environment. I redeemed the voucher on windows operating system. Now, the windows OS is broken and can I know if I can make use of the same license on a Linux operating system, please?

As on the flyer of Zynq Ultrascale it is mentioned that the code can be used only once and must be redeemed within one year of purchase.

I have also checked this on the website

Change the license server / host of a product already licensed

1. Proceed to the Xilinx Product Licensing Site
  2. Click on the “Manage Licenses” tab.
  3. Highlight the license file entry for the host you wish to update
  4. Click the “Modify License” button
  5. Update the host information on the corresponding screen.

You will be required to agree to an affidavit of destruction in order to complete a re-host operation.

I am unable to comprehend this! Is this the right procedure to be followed?

It would be a great help if I can use the same license on Linux OS.

Kindly revert,

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Changing the license server from Windows to Linux

Hi @pranju,

The affidavit of destruction is more for the RMA board returns and does not affect your license entitlement. For this voucher, you will want to follow that re-host of your already licensed product steps. Please note you do have up to 3 re-host attempts per entitlement.

Please let us know if this has answered your question by marking this post as a solution.

Thank you,
Devin

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Can you please provide the steps/link to follow. I am unable to find the re-host of the license. When I click on the product licensing tab, There are two options in

Create a New License File for Account: XXXXX under this tab

Generate floating license and generate node-locked license.

Which I have already performed while redeeming it on the windows OS. Besides, I do not have any knowledge of affidavit of destruction for RMA board returns.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @pranju,

Here are the steps to re-hosting a license. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

You do not need to worry about the affidavit of destruction in this case.

Thank you,
Devin

0 Kudos

Hello @pranju,

Were you able to re-host your license with the suggestions provided by @devinl? If not, and if you still need a further support, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Thank you for your concern. I have deleted the license file on the windows OS. Besides, I had previously installed SDSoC2018.2 on Linux with the 90 days license. Now when I want the license of one year to be redeemed on Linux it gives an error saying:

"You have already generated a license for an evaluation product(s) on this host. If you wish to generate licenses for other products,please deselect the used evaluation product(s)."

I have been on the product licensing site->manage license->selected the Linux host and clicked on modify license; on which I get the error.

Can you please tell me how to resolve this thing as I want the license for the Linux OS.

Thank you,

0 Kudos

Hello @pranju,

In this case, you’d need to open a new SR under the LICENSING section in Service Portal (https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal). Xilinx Customer Service team will take care of this issue for you then.

Are you not just able to ignore this note and click on Next and continue then? I think this is just a general note for the user to be aware of? As such, can you not just ignore this note and continue further?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. Okay.

No, I am unable to continue with it. I tried to ignore though the dialog box disappears, I cannot move ahead with modifying the license.
Thank you,
Regards,
0 Kudos

Hello @pranju,

Instead of modifying this license, can you click on a little delete icon in the lower left corner? This won't fully delete/destroy this license, but rather will put this back to the "Create New Licenses" tab. Here you can then select this license and freshly generate a new one targeting your Linux OS's host ID.

Are you able to proceed that way? Can you confirm on this please? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

HI,

Yes, I was able to do it. Thank you. I have generated the node locked license for Linux OS host type. Whereas, I can see in  the certificate based licenses- Zynq+Ultrascale ZU7EV MPSoC ZCU104 Design edition device locked license which expires on 26th July 2019, on the product licensing site.

When I check it on vivado license manager I cannot find neither the  Zynq+Ultrascale ZU7EV MPSoC ZCU104 Design edition device nor the expiration date for it as mentioned on the site.

Can I please know the reason?

Thanking you,

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello again @pranju,

Glad you were able to generate the required license file.

Please note that Vivado License Manage (VLM) is not directly linked to the Xilinx Product Licensing page. Therefore, it won't tell you what is available from the entitlement list of the licenses that haven't been generated yet and are there for you to be generated when needed.

VLM only shows you the licenses that have already been generated and installed on this particular PC. Or in case you pointing to one of the Floating License servers, the floating licenses from the serverwould be shown in "View License Status" in VLM.

Therefore, this is expected that you are not seeing this Zynq+Ultrascale ZU7EV MPSoC ZCU104 Design edition device locked license in VLM, as you haven't generated this yet. If you need this license too, you can generate this Node-Locked license and install on this PC. This will be shown in VLM for you then.

Hope the above is clear.

If  you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @anatoli

Thank you for the reply.  I have checked in the View license status, they are all nodelocked and none with floating license. Now I am unable to see in my account the Zynq+Ultrascale ZU7EV MPSoC ZCU104 Design edition device locked license on the product licensing site. Whereas I require it. Can you tell how should I download it, please?

Thank you,

Regards

0 Kudos

@pranju, you just need to select this license and then click on "Generate Node-Locked License" and generate the same way as you did for your previous generated Node-Locked license. 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos

Hello @pranju,

Where you able to generate the required license at this stage? If so, and if all is OK now, can you please mark a response that resolved your issue, as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so that the topic can be completed then?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos