UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'synthesis' and/or device 'xcku060'

Hi,

We are running Vivado 2018.2 using floating license and cannot run synthesis on xcku060. 

The server does not have Vivado installed, only the license utilities . Flex net version is 11.4 as requested. "8:15:17 (lmgrd) FlexNet Licensing (v11.14.1.0 build 194335 i86_n3)"

When opening the Vivado License manager on the Client, it shows the 2 license available, but Vivado says it cannot get one (either synthesis, either targeted device xcku060) (see picture of VLM and Vivado together)

Taking a look at the lmgrd log on the server (extract joined), I have some message saying that the synthesis license was granted, but apparently, there is an issue with the device (UNSUPPORTED: "xcku060" (PORT_AT_HOST_PLUS   ) 

Running from another computer/client, I was able to perform to get license and perform synthesis with xcku060, but the design was so small (only assign my_out = my_in;) that may be Vivado did not car about the licensing. when running from this computer, I had the same logs in eg picking a synthesis license but error with the xcku060. However, the project was synthesized and implemented.

I have the following questions:

- Is the part type (xcku060) validated through the license on the Server or through the Vivado version on the Client ?

- the computer/Client having issues is 'old' and had many demo/free license for different Vivado/ISE version. Can it be an issue (the .lic file have been removed from the search path) ?

- Any idea to fix our problem ? 

Thanks for any help you can provide

Mathieu

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'synthesis' and/or device 'xcku060'

Hi @mduprez_mutest,

Provide your Vivado license file (.lic) to evaluate. 

And also run "report_environment -file <filepath>/env.txt" in tcl console and provide env.txt to evaluate. 

Also mention the full device part name which you are targeting. 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and accept it as solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos

Re: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'synthesis' and/or device 'xcku060'

Hi hemangd

Thanks for any help you can bring. Attached are the lic and report file.

The targeted device is :  xcku060-ffva1517-1-c 

Best Regards,

Mathieu

0 Kudos

Hello @mduprez_mutest,

We can see your floating license server is up and running with lmgrd v11.14. However, is the version of xilinxd is also v11.14?

Can you please open a command prompt and CD to the location such as e.g.: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/bin/unwrapped/win64.o

Then, from here, please run this command: lmutil lmstat –a –c <port_number>@<server_name> (in your case the command would be as followed: lmutil lmstat –a –c 2100@192.168.0.50)

Then please see if lmgrd is UP and xilinxd is UP too and then, see what version of flexlm utilities the server is/was started with? Do you see v11.14 for both lmgrd and xilinxd?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos