UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'.

I just downloaded the Vivado 2015.2 ISE Webpack which has a free licence. However, eventhough I tried three times to show the licence to the program, the program gives the error. 

• [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are licensed for your system.

What is wrong with my program?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'.

Hi @alper.kagan.kayali,

Would you be able to provide the 'report_envrionement -file xinfo.txt' log from the console?

Thank you,

Devin

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'.

webpack doesn't support all the devices . Check the list of supported device s here

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @alper.kagan.kayali,

As mentioned by @balkris not all the devices are supported into webpack edition. However from UG973 v2015.2 (p10), it should be supported in 2015.2 webpack. But you need a valid webpack license.

Try to open vivado license manager and see if you have a valid webpack license else you can generate a new license for free in your account.

You might want to use 2016.1, there is no longer a license required.

Kind Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Hello @alper.kagan.kayali,

ISE WebPACK won't work for Vivado, only for ISE. You'd need a Vivado WebPACK license instead. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

I don't know the text file you are saying, however this is what I see on the log file.

*** Running vivado
with args -log top.vds -m64 -mode batch -messageDb vivado.pb -notrace -source top.tcl

****** Vivado v2015.2 (64-bit)
**** SW Build 1266856 on Fri Jun 26 16:35:25 MDT 2015
**** IP Build 1264090 on Wed Jun 24 14:22:01 MDT 2015
** Copyright 1986-2015 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

source top.tcl -notrace
Command: synth_design -top top -part xc7a35tcpg236-1
Starting synth_design
Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'
WARNING: [Common 17-348] Failed to get the license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'
0 Infos, 1 Warnings, 0 Critical Warnings and 1 Errors encountered.
synth_design failed
ERROR: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining
which features and devices are licensed for your system.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ".
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Wed Nov 15 19:59:29 2017...

And the syntesis report:

#-----------------------------------------------------------
# Vivado v2015.2 (64-bit)
# SW Build 1266856 on Fri Jun 26 16:35:25 MDT 2015
# IP Build 1264090 on Wed Jun 24 14:22:01 MDT 2015
# Start of session at: Wed Nov 15 19:59:27 2017
# Process ID: 8876
# Log file: C:/Users/Alper/Desktop/CS224/project_2/project_2.runs/synth_1/top.vds
# Journal file: C:/Users/Alper/Desktop/CS224/project_2/project_2.runs/synth_1\vivado.jou
#-----------------------------------------------------------
source top.tcl -notrace
Command: synth_design -top top -part xc7a35tcpg236-1
Starting synth_design
Attempting to get a license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'
WARNING: [Common 17-348] Failed to get the license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'
0 Infos, 1 Warnings, 0 Critical Warnings and 1 Errors encountered.
synth_design failed
ERROR: [Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7a35t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining
which features and devices are licensed for your system.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ".
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Wed Nov 15 19:59:29 2017...

0 Kudos

I have been using the same software with the exactly same computer one month ago and it was working fine. Then somehow my HDD broke and I had to replace it with an SSD. Then after I installed vivado it started to give the licence error. I downloaded the old licence I was using since the licence does not matter for Webpack versions, but it didn't work. Tried to get a new licence and downloaded it, still didn't work. 

0 Kudos

I looked at it and it says that it is a valid licence. However it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos

I was using the exact same program for exact same pc and it was working, it is even working on the old computers we have in my university.

0 Kudos

Hello @alper.kagan.kayali,

Please note that in order to successfully use this device in Vivado (i.e. to be able to synthesis, Implement etc. your design), you'd need a Vivado WebPACK license for this. In your case, you have stated you have obtained an ISE WebPACK license. This won't work for Vivado.

Please log in to www.xilinx.com/getlicenses and obtain Vivado WebPACK license. This should work for you.

Alternatively, please usethe latest Vivado release and you won't even need a WebPACK license to target this device and you should then not see this licensing error.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @alper.kagan.kayali,

The reason why it was working previously and it is not working anymore is because the license is tied to a specific HDD. If you changed your HDD, you need to regenerate a new webpack license.

When generating the new license, you need to create it for the HDD number you can find on Vivado License manager:

lic.PNG

But again the simplest way is to use a newer version of vivado.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos