Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xlxuserc
Observer
Observer

[Common 17-345] and [Common 17-348] - License error for synthesis

Dear Sir/Madam

We have previously purchased ZC706 evaluation boards with zynq xcz7045 ffg900-2 C that came with vivado 2015.4. we are now currently doing evaluation for project. The license cert and number that came at that time of purchase is no longer valid now.

As my pc is now running on Windows10, i have installed vivado 2018.1 and have obtained a nodelocked free license(Get free ISE webpack, ISE/vivado IP...) option for the pc through License Manager. As Vivado 2018.1 seem to be the first version that supports windows10 os.

But when trying to "run synthesis" on some vivado examples, the  [Common 17-345] and [Common 17-348].this same error has occurred on both the vivado 2018.1 and 2015.4.

questions:

1) Do i have to renew previous license for this or buy a new license to vivado for ZC706 evaluation board if we continue to use this part??

2) Does the free license(Vivado Design Suite: HL webpack 2015 and earlier version) support zc706??

3) Is vivado 2018.1 the latest version for zc706 and with Win10 support, because i have also tried installed vivado 2019.2 and the zc706 evaluation board cannot communicate with it when i ran hardware manager? The Vivado hardware manager cannot detect the device.

thanks,

benjamin tan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
anatoli

Hello @xlxuserc ,

In relation to the board not getting detected in the Hardware Manager, this is nothing to do with the licensing, as HW manager is license free tool, so no additional licenses is needed in this case.
For this, you'd need to raise a separate Forum topic on the FPGA Configuration forum board.

IN relation to the licensing part of this thread, please note that ZC706 targets XC7Z045 part (https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/ek-z7-zc706-g.html)

From here (https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html#architecture) you can see that this XC7Z045 isn't supported by Vivado WebPACK part, so you'd need a valid full license file in this case.

However, if you have purchased ZC706 kit, it comes with a free Device Locked, Node-Locked license, specifically locked to this XC7Z045 part.

Which means you don't actually need to buy a full Vivado license and you can just use this Device Locked, Node-Locked license file in this situation.

This license voucher code is included with the kit that came in with the board. There is a Quick Start Guide leaflet and at the back of it, there is a Step 4: section that explains the steps of redeeming the licensing voucher. In here you'd see the 'Important' section, which potentially your voucher code. e.g.:

image.png

I had to mark out the code for the above example.

Can you open the box and see if this Quick Start Guide leaflet can be found?

If not, you'd need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), and they will then be able help you with finding the this voucher code based on the purchase order number you have on the invoice.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xlxuserc
Observer
Observer

Dear Anatoli,

Thank you for the response.

We purchased 2 of the ZC706 evaluation boards(EK-Z7-ZC706-G) about 4 years ago, but i have not managed to find the Quick Start Guide leftlet from the box.

There is also a note on the box that say “the product has been frozen with release of vivado 2015.4. It will not work with later version of vivado software.” Is this also related to this license error?

xlxuserc_0-1599552810106.jpeg

the license voucher for 1 of the board.

xlxuserc_1-1599552810157.png

Have followed the instructions to go to www.xilinx.com\getlicense via license manager and direct link. Have tried entering the coupon code and it says “voucher has been redeemed”.

xlxuserc_2-1599552810166.png

Have tried again to run Hardware Manager Vivado2018.1 with the board and this time it managed to detect the hw, have no idea why sometimes it cannot detect.

But to “Run Synthesis” again, it still failed with [Common 17-345] and [Common 17-348] in vivado2018.1 with or without evaluation board connected to pc.

xlxuserc_3-1599552810202.png

questions:

1. Is it possible to transfer this already claimed license by a previous email account that is no longer available to us to log into xilinx\getlicense to change hostID?? Through Electronic Fulfillment SR??The 2nd evaluation kit voucher has also been claimed.
  2. Is it confirm that this evaluation kit has fixed it Vivado at version 2015.4?? If so, does that mean that a previously purchased zc706 evaluation kit cannot be use with a Vivado version that supports Win10 pc then?

thanks,
benjamin tan

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @xlxuserc ,

For your first question, yes, you are correct. 

You'd need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), asking them to assign all of the entitlements (licenses) to your new Xilinx.com profile. They will then be able migrate these to your new profile.

You can then be able to re-generate these licenses for your new machine and you should be good to go then.

In relation to the "frozen" part, i'm not sure on this, as 2015.4 is the older release, so perhaps there were some limitation back then?

There seems lots of related forum threads on this: this product has been frozen with the release of Vivado 2015.4, e.g.:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xilinx-Evaluation-Boards/Update-vivado-version-from-2015-4-to-2016-1-for-free/td-p/743444

From my own opinion, you can use any version of Vivado based on the version limit of this license file.

So, if you open up your lic file, there will be a version limit date in the INCREMENT line (e.g. 2016.01 ->January 2016).

So, this license would then work with any Vivado releases that came out prior the end of January 2016. See AR#33770 for more details:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
xlxuserc
Observer
Observer

Dear Anatoli,

Have raised an Electronics Fulfillment Service Request and the service staff have helped to reassigned our previous 2 x license vouchers to my new Xilinx account.

The license lic file that i recreated is showing “INCREMENT ZYNQ7000_ZC706_EMBD xilinxd 2017.12 permanent uncounted \”, the warranty end date.

With the recreated license to VLM, have retried on vivado2018.1, “run synthesis” is still failing with the same errors. So 2018.1 is after the license limit so it has the error.

But on vivado2015.4 and 2017.4, “run synthesis” succeeded with a version limit log info [Common 17-1540] saying its not eligible for updates or new releases.

xlxuserc_0-1600835646053.png

Back to my initial post first question,

1) Do i have to renew previous license for this or buy a new license to vivado for ZC706 evaluation board if we continue to use this part??

As understood from this post https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-License-Renewal/td-p/721881

There is no license renewal but a new license has to be purchased for Vivado new updates.

For new license purchase info, it can only be checked with the Xilinx Sales?

because there don’t seem to be much details and terms on Xilinx online store about software license types.

thanks,

benjamin tan

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @xlxuserc ,

Indeed, with your current license that has version limit of 2017.12, you can use any Vivado releases that came out before the end of December 2017, i.e.:

image.png

So, if you continue working with Vivado 2017.4 and earlier, your current license is absolutely fine and will work forever, as it is a Permanent license file.

However, if you wish to move on and use the latest Vivado tools, you'd need to buy a new license (there isn't any license renewal availability).

Or you can buy a new Xilinx Evaluation Board and this will come with a new voucher for the Device Locked license of this board.

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos