UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie sumichu

Error could not locate C:\Xilinx\xic\bin\xic.bat.

Jump to solution

I've already tried reinstalling it twice. And I still receive the same error. How can I fix this issue? Someone please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Re: Error could not locate C:\Xilinx\xic\bin\xic.bat.

Jump to solution

@sumichu

I have not seen this behavior, but it does spark a couple of thoughts...

Since the path exists (and I suppose other files are present in that directory)... I would conclude one of two things...

The install did not put it there OR it was removed.... For the latter, it has been reported from time to time, that the xic.exe has been mistaken as a virus by some versions of some virus detectors... I 'suppose' the xic.bat 'theorectically' could also be errantly could be quarantined (thus removed).

If you could check you virus log, and see if that has mistaken it as a virus, that would be a good first step.

It has been suggested by others to update your virus scanner, then reinstall. (I would suggest, to be very sure, you could disable the virus scanner temporarily during the install, then confirm the xic.bat exists OR doesn't, before reenabling).

If 'none' of the other files are in that path, it may suggest something else, such as a bad install package or insufficient privilege.

Hope that helps

If so, mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

6 Replies
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Jump to solution

@sumichu

A couple of questions...

1) Does that path it says it cannot find actually exist?

2) During the install, did you install into default location or somewhere else?

0 Kudos
Newbie sumichu

Jump to solution

I look in the actual directory it says and I don't see a xic.bat file anywhere. I've install this same program on another computer and don't have this issue. What could be wrong?

I installed in the default location, yes.

2019-02-11_8-35-18.jpg
0 Kudos
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Jump to solution

@sumichu

I have not seen this behavior, but it does spark a couple of thoughts...

Since the path exists (and I suppose other files are present in that directory)... I would conclude one of two things...

The install did not put it there OR it was removed.... For the latter, it has been reported from time to time, that the xic.exe has been mistaken as a virus by some versions of some virus detectors... I 'suppose' the xic.bat 'theorectically' could also be errantly could be quarantined (thus removed).

If you could check you virus log, and see if that has mistaken it as a virus, that would be a good first step.

It has been suggested by others to update your virus scanner, then reinstall. (I would suggest, to be very sure, you could disable the virus scanner temporarily during the install, then confirm the xic.bat exists OR doesn't, before reenabling).

If 'none' of the other files are in that path, it may suggest something else, such as a bad install package or insufficient privilege.

Hope that helps

If so, mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

Newbie sumichu

Jump to solution

Hello :) I will try disabling the anti-virus and trying again.

Will let you know the results! And will be sure to give you kudos. 

0 Kudos
Newbie sumichu

Jump to solution

It worked! Disabling anti-virus was the solution. The xic.bat file is there and isn't disappearing and I am no longer receiving the error even after restart. :)

Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Jump to solution

@sumichu

Great! Glad it worked out.