UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Floating license install: installanchorservice.exe expects parameters

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Floating license install: installanchorservice.exe expects parameters

Following ug973, I tried to install the license management tools:

3. Run < Server Tools Directory>\<Tools Version>\win64.o\
installanchorservice.exe.

The EXE says it expects parameters:

Usage: installanchorservice publisher_name product_name

What is the proper way to install a floating license on a Windows system?

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: Floating license install: installanchorservice.exe expects parameters

Hello Ben ( @bklasscognex ),

Apologies, since I will be on vacation from now on, i've created a new SR on your behalf and once of my colleagues will get with you shortly and will help you to get your floating license set up permanently. The SR number is 10412317.

I hope this is OK with you.

BTW, I've checked your profile and you are entitles to directly open Service Requests. As such, i would suggest to you that in the future, for any Technical issues you have, such as this one, please open a new Service Request (SR) via Service Portal: https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal

Thanks once again and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Anatoli 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @bklasscognex,

Are you looking for this information?

Xilinx Employee

Hello @bklasscognex,

Please note that "installanchorservice publisher_name product_name" is related to an Activation Based licensing, which is no longer a default licensing method and will get obsolete very soon. The info in the UG973 regarding this will also get removed, to reduce the confusions for the users.

Please note that from April 2016, Xilinx has moved back to the Certificate Based licensing methodology, therefore please use a standard method of installing your floating license (i.e. Xilinx.lic license file and not Xiinx_License.xml). Since this is a Windows OS, then my recommendation would be for you to start the server by following the steps in the below Answer Record. That way, your floating license server will get automatically started each time you’d restart your PC.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32780.html

If you have any issues in following these steps, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anatoli

Visitor

This got me past the error, but now I'm stuck at step 6. The XML file took me to the Product Licensing website and there is no floating license shown.

Visitor

AR# 3270 appears to assume that Xilinx software has been installed and I have received a license file. Neither is true. The license server is just a license server and there is no C:\Xilinx directory. (Something was done under AR# 60522 steps 1-5, but there is no C:\Xilinx.)

I received an email with instructions to run installanchorservice.exe. If this is not how a floating license should be installed, who should I be talking to?

Xilinx Employee

Hello @bklasscognex,

"I received an email with instructions to run installanchorservice.exe. "

Is there a reason why you are trying to obtain an Activation Based license? As indicated in my previous post, this would get obsolete very soon. On the Xilinx Product Licensing page, you'd have an equivalent license under the Certificate Based licensing section. Please generate Xilinx.lic file from this section instead and then, the instruction that you'd receive with the license will show you this info:

Floating Licenses:

If you have an existing FLEXnet floating license server, it may be easiest to simply copy the license keys in the attached file into the license file you are already using with your license server.

Note:  Please restart your floating license server to allow the changes to take effect.

If you are setting up a FLEXnet floating license server for the first time, please see the Vivado Design Suite User Guide: Release Notes, Installation, and Licensing document for more detailed directions: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

See section "Generating/Installing Certificate-Based Licenses" (page 56).

However, if this is a Windows OS and if you have generated and received your Xilinx.lic file (.lic means Certificate Based license and not Activation Based) and if you have Vivado tool, e.g. 2017.2, installed then the easiest way to start your floating license server on your PC is to follow the steps provided in the AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/32780.html.

If you still not sure how to start the floating license server, please let me know and i will contact you directly and will help you to get this sorted permanently.

Best Regards,

Anatoli

Visitor

Hello Anatoli,

Please contact me directly. A phone conversation is probably the most efficient way to explain the problems I am having.

ben

Xilinx Employee

Hello Ben ( @bklasscognex ),

Apologies, since I will be on vacation from now on, i've created a new SR on your behalf and once of my colleagues will get with you shortly and will help you to get your floating license set up permanently. The SR number is 10412317.

I hope this is OK with you.

BTW, I've checked your profile and you are entitles to directly open Service Requests. As such, i would suggest to you that in the future, for any Technical issues you have, such as this one, please open a new Service Request (SR) via Service Portal: https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal

Thanks once again and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Anatoli