UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

How do I create an RMA?

Jump to solution

Please help me.  I've ground nearly to a halt.  I'm encountering the apparently common issue of srcscanner.exe running for a very long time (and hogging up all my processing power).  I'm running Vivado 2018.2 on Windows 7.  I've tried all the tricks I can find in the forums, and I haven't reached a satisfactory solution.  Setting source_mgmt_mode to None stops scrscanner.exe from running, but my project has module references, which are not supported in manual compile mode.

One of the longer threads on the topic of srcscanner.exe suggested that I need to submit a SR to get the unpublished workaround.  But I can't even figure out how to do that in the Service Portal.  Is "Patch Inquiry Request Form" what I need?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I create an RMA?

Jump to solution

Unfortunately in this case your company ARL account level does not include SRM ticket access. I will look into what is available resource wise for this issue. Let's keep this issue discussion on your other Forum Post so everything can be kept in one thread.

Thank you,
Devin

4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hello @rhc110again,

RMAs are for Product/component returns only. You must contact your Distributor to create the RMA on your behalf to have this filed.

For software assistance, you will want to go into the service portal and select Technical Request. After this you will select a device and then design tools. From there fill out your environment information and the SR will be routed to the appropriate support.

Thank you,
Devin

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

@devinl - thank you!  Sorry for confusing RMA with SR.  I was talking about getting technical assistance with software, as you inferred.  Could you tell me where to go in the Technical page (inserted below) of the Service Portal for software assistance?  If I go to the Patch Inquiry Request Form, it requires an Answer Record number and software version, but the software versions in the drop-down only go up to 2013.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Unfortunately in this case your company ARL account level does not include SRM ticket access. I will look into what is available resource wise for this issue. Let's keep this issue discussion on your other Forum Post so everything can be kept in one thread.

Thank you,
Devin

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

OK - thanks @devinl

0 Kudos