Did you mean: 
sebacarmar

ISE 14.7 Installation: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5

Jump to solution

Hello!

I'm trying to install ISE 14.7 on Ubuntu 20.04. When I execute
   $sudo ./xsetup
it shows me this message
   $/home/user/Downloads/Xilinx_ISE_DS_Lin_14.7_1015_1/bin/lin64/_xsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Could you help me with that, please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sebacarmar 

I suspect your issue has been resolved in the below forum post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/error-while-loading-shared-libraries-libncurses-so/m-p/1250876#M32776

As this is a duplicate post, kindly close this thread by accepting it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gmarinkovic
Explorer
Explorer

@sebacarmar 

I'm using Fedora34 but you may give this a try: I had to install "ncurses-compat-libs" due to the "error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5"

Then youre almost done... unfortunately: To solve EDK startproblem as described in https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Xilinx-Platform-Studio-EDK-GUI-not-fully-initiating-in-Linux/td-p/778230 you need to do this:
mkdir /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/backup
mv /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/backup
mv /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/backup
mv /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6.0.8 /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64/backup

mkdir /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/backup
mv /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/backup
mv /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6 /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/backup
mv /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6.0.8 /opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/backup

And now your installation should be ok.

Cheers

Goran

ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sebacarmar 

I suspect your issue has been resolved in the below forum post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/error-while-loading-shared-libraries-libncurses-so/m-p/1250876#M32776

As this is a duplicate post, kindly close this thread by accepting it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos