cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

ISE 14.7 MAP:258 License Error with XC6XLX240

Hi have read forums and tried many many things over this weekend, but still getting 2 Errors when running Implementation in ISE. Synthesizes with no errors. Here's my setup:

Running Linux RedHat v6.2 Workstation (ISE compatible) and successfully downloaded ISE 14.7 System. Acquired 30 day node lock evaluation license which installed fine. Target is XC6VLX240. System runs well thru Synthesis but Errors at Implementation MAP:258 License error AND Security:12 - No 'xc6vlx240t' feature version 2013.10.  Many attempts at generating License,  tried locating file in different Xilinx folders. cannot get device supported. Can anyone please help? Below is beginning snip of License file. Thank you.

# This license is valid from Sun May 25 20:35:18 UTC 2014.
#
# This is license NODELOCKED to HOSTID=001cc4xxxxxx;
# there is no need to run lmgrd for this license.
#
#
#  This license is valid for evaluation ( 365 days ) from Sun May 25 20:35:18 UTC 2014
INCREMENT PetaLinux_NoSuport_Eval xilinxd 2015.05 26-may-2015 \
uncounted 83AC9B7B4928 \
VENDOR_STRING=bluegrill,PetaLinux_NoSuport_Eval,software,evaluation,_210903187_0_0_865 \
HOSTID=001cc4xxxxxx ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=25-May-2014 \
TS_OK
#
#  This license is valid for evaluation ( 30 days ) from Sun May 25 20:35:18 UTC 2014
INCREMENT VIVADO_HLS xilinxd 2014.06 25-jun-2014 uncounted \
9B8A5526AE8B \
VENDOR_STRING=bluegrill,VIVADO_HLS,software,evaluation,_210903187_0_0_765 \
HOSTID=001cc4xxxxxx ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=25-May-2014 \
TS_OK

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/irn.pdf

Please check page 8 for device support w.r.t license types.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The license which you attached is petalinux and hls license.

Can you attach license files here?

You need to have license for ISE to run design in ISE. If you dont have a purchased license for ISE, you can generate 30 day evaluation license from www.xilinx.com/getlicense .

Thanks,
Deepika
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vijay - I understand Webpack device limits for bigger FPGAs.  Im trying 30 day eval which should give full Virtex ^ support, correct? For 30 days.

Deepika - I have tried several different 30 day eval licenses, the one I showed here did include Petalinux 360 day.  But also see the 30 day is listed in the lic file snip.  Each time I try to generate a new 30 day license file it seems like they only give me Vivado as a choice.  I will try again targeting the 30 day ISE System license file and attach my results shortly.

Thank you both

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

attach a license file and screenshot if you can view. Note the screenshot only shows me license option for Vivado with No ISE. I cant see how to get an ISE only license.   Note the License file indicates its Vivado (not ISE, is this the problem?)

thanks

Screenshot-2.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

From your account details, it looks like you dont have ISE evaluation license.

Check "Manage licenses" tab and see if you can find the license there. If you find the license here then you have already generated the license in past.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @Anonymous 

ISE is in maintainance mode and there will be no further realese of the ISE tool.

30 days evaluation licese is not available for ISE anymore directly from the xilinx license site.

There are two ways to get this licesne:

1) Please contact your nearest xilinx distributor for help.

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/index.htm 

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm

2) Purchased Vivado license with ISE feature. {Not a free license}.

Hope this information will help.

Thanks,

Yash

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

new computer new account new ISE download but I did try ISE v14.2 as very first attempt (to be consistent with our work version) and again it only gave me Vivado as an option.  Then I tried ISE v14.7 .  Do I contact folks in Licensing support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yash - thanks sure wish I knew that before trying this. Is there a 30 day eval for Vivado w ISE ? thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

No, there is NO 30 day evaluation license for Vivado with ISE.

But you have 30 day evaluation license for Vivado only.

Thanks,

Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I have read that Vivado does NOT support Virtex 6, so its not useful to us at this time. This is unfortunate. There has to be a way to obtain a 30 day ISE evaluation or Please have webpack support larger Virtex 6 devices as you phase out ISE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This limitation is with evaluation license only. You may consider purchasing ISE fill license if you wish to use devices like XC6XLX240
Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos