UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

ISE EDK installation

Hi,

I need to access an EDK 14.2 project.

I have vivado system edition license. Does this infer license for ISE,EDK and XPS?

I only find ISE design suite installation  here https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.htm. From where can I download EDK/XPS?

Thanks,

Yogitha

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ISE EDK installation

@ryogitha

If you have a full Vivado System Edition License, this license is only valid for Vivado.
When you purchase a Vivado license, an ISE license comes with this license (not in the Vivado license itself, but as a separate license altogether) for free.
Therefore, in order to obtain an ISE license, with your purchase Vivado license, you should have received an ISE license of the same edition for free, that should have been added to your licensing account.
Please log in to www.xilinx.com/getlicenses and see if you can see ISE System Edition License listed under the “Create New Licenses” tab. If so, generate this then.

You’d need to install either “ISE Design Suite: Embedded Edition” (as it includes EDK tools: XPS and SDK, and that is what you need)or perhaps, if you wish to have all of the ISE Tools to be installed, you can install full “ISE Design Suite: System Edition”, as it XPS and SDK + SysGen tools come with this edition too (more info can be found here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ise-design-suite.html)

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).