cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ISE for XC4000

Hello,
is possible to download some development system for Xilinx XC4000* ? We have got still a lot of boards with FPGA XC4000* around the world and sometimes we need to update some designs and bitstreams.

So where can we download some design system on ftp xilinx ?

Thank you very much.

Jan Naceradsky, T-CZ Pardubice, Czech Republic

0 Kudos
6 Replies
austin
Scholar
Scholar

Old versions on found by looking for Xilinx classics.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/archive.html

Good luck!  Hope you have old versions of Windows to run on.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

I was going to point to the device support matrix for ISE classic versions, however it seems Xilinx has been busy removing older support data from the site.  It used to be at:

http://www.xilinx.com/ise/products/classics/parts_list.htm

However that now redirects to another page without the information on device support.  Its really hard to find device support information on the new Xilinx site.  In any case, I seem to recall that you need to go back to ISE 4.2 in order to have XC4000 support.  It would be nice if someone at Xilinx could dig up the old "classic matrix" info and post it for reference.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
nupurs

@Anonymous

You can get information on which tool to download from this AR: AR_15938

This link lists the Operating Systems supporting the software: AR_18419

You can download the tool from this link: Downloads

For generating Registration ID(lets you use this software), see here : 10x_and_prior_regids

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

Nupurs,

Thank you for those links.  I just want to make anyone using them aware that the forums have a tendency to add cruft to the end of links pasted in line with the text.  At least in FireFox, when I click most of the links I get an extranous %A0 at the end.  In the forums it's best to either paste a link on a separate line, or to use the "insert link" tool to attach the link to a piece of inline text.  When you come across a link in the forums that doesn't work, you generally get redirected to the Xilinx support page.  To work around this in FireFox you need to first "copy link location", then paste it in the address (URL) bar, then delete the extraneous characters before hitting Enter.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
nupurs

@gszakacs,

Thanks for the information. I was not aware that cruft gets added to links in forums.

Hence, duly noted and modified the above answer :) 

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answers. The second problem will be, how to make the edif file ...

Jan Naceradsky

0 Kudos