cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Installation of ISE Design Suite - 14.1

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am a student of Electronics and Communication. I have downloaded the Xilinx_ISE_DS_Win_14.1_P.15xf.0.1.tar and installed the same on the Windows 8.1 machine with intel i5 processor.

But it is asking for the matlab installation.

I just need to develop the FPGA programs.

Please help me in resolving this.

Regards

Kritika Bhatia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

No sweat, I understand your concern.

a) Licence, Xilinx want to know who is usng their free web pack, and where its being used. Just click and donload the free web pack licence. Ive done it so  many times, as you need to do it for each PC, that  dont even notice what a pain it is. Your right, why , but hay, just go with the flow.

b) winpcap drivers, does no harm installing, I tend to say yes just cause I can not be bothered...  

c) cable drivers. Again, I just do,.  Assuming your going to be programming a device, or using the JTAG tools built into ISE your going to need them. 

d) web talk. Assuming your installing the free web pack, you have no option but to say yes.

One thing, I seem to remember this is normally greyed out if your installing the web pack.

Are you certain your installing the right version ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @toreachkritika, from what you described, you are likely referring to the SysGen Config window that may pop up after an install. This window can be dismissed after an install if you do not intend to use SysGen or Matlab. It is not a requirement to install the tools and will not affect the install.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

any reason you have not gone for 14.7 ? 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@toreachkritika

You could have installed ISE 14.7.

However, since you are using an unsupported OS, you could run into issues in the future.  You can refer this AR if you run into any issues: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Nupur,

Thanks for your help.

I have installed 14.7 as well.

But when I try to do xsetup.exe, I get the following message

PS C:\Xilinx1\.xinstall\ISE_VM_14.7\bin> xsetup.exe
xsetup.exe : The term 'xsetup.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,
function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or
if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ xsetup.exe
+ ~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (xsetup.exe:String) [], CommandN
   otFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@toreachkritika

You are using Windows 8.1, but the ISE VM that you installed is for Windows 10. Hence this is not expected to work.

Go for regular ISE 14.7.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Nupur,

Shall I download the below

Full Installer for Windows 7/XP/Server (TAR/GZIP - 6.18 GB)

MD5 SUM Value : 94f40553a93dfbeca642503e2721b270

Regards

Kritika

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@toreachkritika

Yes, you can install that.

Thanks,
Nupur
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Nupur,

I have downloaded the ISE 14.7 for Windows 8. Now during installation it is asking for

1. Acquire or Manage a license key
2. Install  WinPCap for Ethernet hardware co simulation

3. Install Cable Drivers

4. Enable Webtalk to send software

I am an engineering student who just want to do minor project using ISE 14.7.

Please help me further.

Thanks

Kritika Bhatia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

No sweat, I understand your concern.

a) Licence, Xilinx want to know who is usng their free web pack, and where its being used. Just click and donload the free web pack licence. Ive done it so  many times, as you need to do it for each PC, that  dont even notice what a pain it is. Your right, why , but hay, just go with the flow.

b) winpcap drivers, does no harm installing, I tend to say yes just cause I can not be bothered...  

c) cable drivers. Again, I just do,.  Assuming your going to be programming a device, or using the JTAG tools built into ISE your going to need them. 

d) web talk. Assuming your installing the free web pack, you have no option but to say yes.

One thing, I seem to remember this is normally greyed out if your installing the web pack.

Are you certain your installing the right version ?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks,

Do you want me to download

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ise-design-suite/ise-webpack.html

Regards

Kritika Bhatia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

you have said you have already installed and have licence problems,

what did you install 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks, Yes I have installed the ISE 14.7 Free license. We can close this thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Nupur,

I have installed the 14.7 version on Windows 10 64 bit. But When I start the Project Navigator, I get the following error message. Please help me in resolving this error message.

Thanks

Kritika

Waiting for VM "ISE_14.7_VIRTUAL_APPLIANCE" to power on...
VBoxManage.exe: error: Interface ('VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter') is not a Host-Only Adapter interface (VERR_INTERNAL_ERROR)
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

part of the install on the machine was the virtual box machine

this is saying that did not go well,

0 Kudos