Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morosh
Visitor
Visitor

Installation of ISE Design Suite - 14.1

Hello:

I bought a new laptop with w10-x64 preinstalled, I installed ISE Design Suite 14.5, but it didn't run, nothing appears after clicking on icon, it worked perfectly on my old laptop running W7.

is there any trick?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kkn

as you are aware ise is not supported in windows 10, you may  try with suggestions mentioned in the following solution record

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @morosh,

The only ISE version that is supported with Windows 10 is ISE 14.7 with a different/special installer i.e. Xilinx_ISE_S6_Win10_14.7_ISE_VMs_1211_1, which only supports Spartan-6 FPGAs. If you are targeting a Spartan-6 FPGA, then you can use this special installer that can be downloaded from here:

ttps://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.html

image.png

For any other devices, then as a suggestion you can install a VM of Win7 on this Windows 10 machine and then, on you can use this Win7 OS to install ISE 14.x on it. That should work fine for you then.

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
morosh
Visitor
Visitor

Finally with the tips of kkn I could run ISE14.5 thanks.

I have just an issue: I couldn't launch PlanAhead from inside ISE (I/O Pin Planning), I got:

Started : "I/O Pin Planning (PlanAhead) - Pre-Synthesis".
Preparing PlanAhead launch script...
PlanAhead started. PlanAhead output can be found in E:/SEM8VHDL/majority/synthesis/planAhead_run_1/planAhead_run.log

but nothing happens, PlanAhead didn't start. Although I can start it manually by double-clicking its icon.

is there any trick?

0 Kudos