cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is there a 32-bit Windows 7 download for Vivado Design Suite Webpack Edition?

I am interested in purchasing a Basys 3 Artix-7 FGPA Trainer Board. Before I do that I wanted to download the Vivado Design Suite Webpack edition software just to see if I will like the developing environment.

I am using a Windows 7 32-bit machine but unfortunately I am unable to download some versions for Vivado (basically, any version > 2015.4).  I stopped trying to download previous version from the 2015.4.  

Is it even possible to run this software on my machine? If so, how do I make it so?

I will gladly provide more information if need be.

Thank you very much, 

Anthony

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Is there a 32-bit Windows 7 download for Vivado Design Suite Webpack Edition?

very unlikely to be a good experience with windows 7,
I can't remember how far back you would have to go to get a windows 7 vivado, and a 32 bit version,
Vivado eats memory ,

Sorry to say, windows 7 32 bit is not the way forward.

As for your comment about lack of download, that is probably a different problem, look up export controls on the forum,
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Is there a 32-bit Windows 7 download for Vivado Design Suite Webpack Edition?

I currently am able to run the latest LabView, Multisim, Ultiboard, and Cypress's PSoC Creator all on this computer.  However, they are indeed all 32-bit programs.  

I'm guessing, then, that Vivado has a lot more going on with it than those programs.

I also have a Macbook Air...would it best for me to install a Windows or Linux or Unbunto drive for dual-boot mode? Then download Vivado through that?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

I dont know anything about mac stuff im afraid, so can;t advise.
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Yes, a dedicated Windows or Ubuntu install would be good. I'd go for Ubuntu since (a) it's free, and (b) it improves a bit of the embedded computing stuff (eg. can't build Petalinux on Windows).

Highlighted

@u4223374 wrote:

Yes, a dedicated Windows or Ubuntu install would be good. I'd go for Ubuntu since (a) it's free, and (b) it improves a bit of the embedded computing stuff psiphon(eg. can't build Petalinux on Windows).

I also have a Macbook Air...would it best for me to install a Windows or Linux or Unbunto drive for dual-boot mode

0 Kudos