UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 32-bit Windows 7 download for Vivado Design Suite Webpack Edition?

I am interested in purchasing a Basys 3 Artix-7 FGPA Trainer Board. Before I do that I wanted to download the Vivado Design Suite Webpack edition software just to see if I will like the developing environment.

I am using a Windows 7 32-bit machine but unfortunately I am unable to download some versions for Vivado (basically, any version > 2015.4).  I stopped trying to download previous version from the 2015.4.  

Is it even possible to run this software on my machine? If so, how do I make it so?

I will gladly provide more information if need be.

Thank you very much, 

Anthony

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Is there a 32-bit Windows 7 download for Vivado Design Suite Webpack Edition?

very unlikely to be a good experience with windows 7,
I can't remember how far back you would have to go to get a windows 7 vivado, and a 32 bit version,
Vivado eats memory ,

Sorry to say, windows 7 32 bit is not the way forward.

As for your comment about lack of download, that is probably a different problem, look up export controls on the forum,
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a 32-bit Windows 7 download for Vivado Design Suite Webpack Edition?

I currently am able to run the latest LabView, Multisim, Ultiboard, and Cypress's PSoC Creator all on this computer.  However, they are indeed all 32-bit programs.  

I'm guessing, then, that Vivado has a lot more going on with it than those programs.

I also have a Macbook Air...would it best for me to install a Windows or Linux or Unbunto drive for dual-boot mode? Then download Vivado through that?   

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

I dont know anything about mac stuff im afraid, so can;t advise.
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Yes, a dedicated Windows or Ubuntu install would be good. I'd go for Ubuntu since (a) it's free, and (b) it improves a bit of the embedded computing stuff (eg. can't build Petalinux on Windows).

Newbie caleb-422

@u4223374 wrote:

Yes, a dedicated Windows or Ubuntu install would be good. I'd go for Ubuntu since (a) it's free, and (b) it improves a bit of the embedded computing stuff psiphon(eg. can't build Petalinux on Windows).

I also have a Macbook Air...would it best for me to install a Windows or Linux or Unbunto drive for dual-boot mode

0 Kudos