Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavankumar
Visitor
Visitor

License Issue VC707 Evaluation

Hello,

I recently bought the VC707 Evaluation board and the device locked license is included with it. I generated the license file from http://xilinx.com/getlicense . I successfully installed the license. I am able to connect to the board through the Hardware manager but while creating a new project I am not able to view the VC707 evaluation board in the board list.

Kindly, guide me to resolve the issue. Is it fine I select another board while creating a project and download the bitstream into VC707.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar

Screenshot 2021-04-01 143830.jpg
photo.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @pavankumar ,

Please check - https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/not-able-to-find-my-board-virtex-VC707-in-vivado-2015-4-and/td-p/1014592
Let us know if it doesn't helps. 

Thanks,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
pavankumar
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @kdeshwal,

Thanks for the reply.

I generated the license file for two devices (It is the device-locked License that came with the board). First, when I generated the license for my PC, I am able to find the VC707 evaluation board in the list while creating a project. I am using Webpack edition on my PC. Everything is fine with my PC. But when I generated the license for my laptop I am not able to find VC707 in the project list but I am able to connect to the board using Hardware manager.

I followed the same steps in installing the license into the laptop as I did in PC. It is mentioned in the website that the device-locked license can be generated for any number of computers.

I attached the screenshot of the license manager above.

Kindly look into the issue and please resolve it.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @pavankumar ,

First, the answer to your comment: It is mentioned in the website that the device-locked license can be generated for any number of computers.

This is not true. With Xilinx kits, you'd only get 1 seat of the device locked license, so this license can only be generated and used on a single one PC. You can just generate this for machine A, and then go ahead and regenerate this for another machine (machine B) and remain both copies of the same license. This is against Xilinx End User License Agreement that you had to hit "Agreed" on, at the time when you re-generated your lic file. Within this EULA you can see, that you MUST destroy any other copies of the previously generated license, as otherwise you are not following EULA rules and can get into issues. So, as an advice, please be careful of the actions that can lead to issues if you are no following EULA.

And also, please note that you only have 3 attempts to re-host (i.e. regenerate your license file).

In relation to your original issue, you have stated that you've installed Vivado WebPACK edition. This Edition is a device limited edition of Vivado, so you'd only install smaller devices, that are WebPACK supported. Any other devices that are not WebPACK - these won't be installed and/or included with your WebPACK installation. 
In your case, you've stated that you have an VC707 evaluation board. From this link you can see that the device on this board is a Virtex-7 VX485T FPGAs. If you check the Vivado WebPACK supported page: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html#architecture, you can see that none of the Virtex-7 FPGAs are WebPACK supported. 

image.png

Therefore, to fix your issue, please update your installation to the Vivado Design Edition or Vivado System Edition and you'd then see a VC707 board included:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------