Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaWei_Wang
Visitor
Visitor

MPSoC ZU7EV Engineering Sample

Jump to solution
I doubt whether the vivado design suit suport the ZU7EV FFVF1517-1E- ES. And which versions can I use ?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hi again @DaWei_Wang ,

ZU7EV FFVF1517-1E- ES9819 - this is neither es1 nor es2. This is a pre-production samples (as these do have ES9819 in the PN).

FYI - 

XCZU7EV-1FBVB900IES9820 -- > ES2   (there was no ES1 for this device)

XCZU7EV-1FBVB900IES9819 -- > pre-production  

XCZU7EV-1FBVB900I4569 -- > production 

In this case you can select the production devices of the ZU7EV and not engineering samples (ES1/ES2). Pre-production and production is the same bitstream, so pre-prod and production can’t be selected differently in Vivado. In this case you'd need to use 2017.4 (or newer) because of the speedfile. In there you can then select XCZU7EV-1FBVB900I4569 and that would be the same for pre-prod and production devices.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
anatoli

Hello @DaWei_Wang ,

ZU7EV ES2 support is available in 2017.2 and newer releases (up to the 2018.2.2 version of Vivado). You can use any one of these leases.

Please note that you'd also need a special ES2 license file in order to be able to enable this device in Vivado and to be able to successfully generate a bitfile targeting ZU7EV ES2 part in your design.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
DaWei_Wang
Visitor
Visitor

What is ZU7EV FFVF1517-1E- ES9819 ? ZU7EV ES2 or ZU7EV ES1? If it is ZU7EV ES1,which version should I use?

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hi again @DaWei_Wang ,

ZU7EV FFVF1517-1E- ES9819 - this is neither es1 nor es2. This is a pre-production samples (as these do have ES9819 in the PN).

FYI - 

XCZU7EV-1FBVB900IES9820 -- > ES2   (there was no ES1 for this device)

XCZU7EV-1FBVB900IES9819 -- > pre-production  

XCZU7EV-1FBVB900I4569 -- > production 

In this case you can select the production devices of the ZU7EV and not engineering samples (ES1/ES2). Pre-production and production is the same bitstream, so pre-prod and production can’t be selected differently in Vivado. In this case you'd need to use 2017.4 (or newer) because of the speedfile. In there you can then select XCZU7EV-1FBVB900I4569 and that would be the same for pre-prod and production devices.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

DaWei_Wang
Visitor
Visitor
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos