UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mbsxhk
Visitor

Oh,My God! ISE is Lock!

Today, my ISE software is lock,do not open the ISE at all !

Please help me,Thanks!

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/hkmcu01/%E6%A1%8C%E9%9D%A2/ISE%20is%20lock.bmp

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Oh,My God! ISE is Lock!

sorry but you must learn computer and internet first, coz you don't know "howto: give link on net"

what do you mean, "lock"?

license or application error? give us a clue

0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Hi

I think ISE does use a lock file, to stop multiple instances of it running on the same computer.

If ISE is unexpectadle terminated, it can happen that this lock file is left behind, so next time ISE starts,  it thinks incorrectly there is already an ISE running.

Delete this lock file and all is well.

I would assume it s the file you mention .

From your description , this is all a guess, I seem to remeber this happening to me a few years back .

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor mbsxhk
Visitor

HI,

Thanks to your answer!

I try my best to do this like your saying. It is a pity! My ISE software also can not open! I describe my proble once more!

1>>

Every time  open the software,I can not see interface of the software.but in my project,produce a file---__ISE_repository_HTSOP48_W5.ise_.lock.Then I shut down ISE,the file is cleared.

2>>

Sometime while I open ISE , appear a dialog box that describe "Open locked project? HTSSOP48_W5.ise appears to be locked.Do you want to override the lock and open it?"

3>>

previously,I build in this software altium desiger winter 09.With this the do?

Look forward to your reply!Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

HI

so it sounds as if the lock file comes and goes as expected with ISE.

do a search ofr any other lock files might be a long shot,

apart form that, no other answer, I dont' use altium so can't comment.

If you susspect it can you un install it ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos