cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem when installing vivado 2014.4 on win8.1pro

at first everything is ok, but when it stuck in "finalize installation" and a message jumped out, and it said "Error when launching 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.4\bin\vlm.bat': Launcher time out", please help, thank you guys.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem when installing vivado 2014.4 on win8.1pro

Hello @dongpz 

You can click on "OK" to proceed with installation.

Check this answer record: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60111.html and finalize that all post-installation tasks are successful.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello.   I'm using Win7, but otherwise the problem is identical and I can't get a license.

-DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM:    pressing OK after the errpr message for vlm.bat

- DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM:  I am unable to use Vivado License Manager (VLM); Use the "Manage Xilinx Licenses" option from the Start Menu -   IT GIVES ME THE SAME VLM.BAT LAUNCHER TIME OUT ERRROR

- DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM:  I AM UNABLE TO USE the Vivado IDE help menu. BECAUSE VIVADO IDE WILL NOT RUN.  I get an error window: "The procedure entry point RegGetValueA could not be located in th edynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.  Then I get a 2nd error window: "Error when launching 'C:\Xilinx2014\Vivado\2014.4\bin\vivado.bat': Launcher time out

Please advise what to do, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem on 2015.1. Setting the System Environment Variable XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK to 1 and logging out and logging in was able to work around the issue.

The problem seems to be xvcredist.exe. It is called by loader.bat (which is called by vlm.bat).

It seems a check for the Visual C++ runtime (xvcredist -check) is not working correctly so loader is attemping to install it. The install is popping up an install dialog. Since vlm.bat is running hidden, the install dialog is not visible either, hence the hang and timeout.

Loader.bat has a check to bypass this "if not [%XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK%] == [1]", so setting XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK to 1 should work if you have the same issue.

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have the same issue

error when launching 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2015.1\bin\vlm.bat: Launcher timeout

Can you please let me know how to go about

Thank you

Dj

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Did you ever figure out how to get through to license activation. I'm running win 10 get the same problem. Did you get the C++ repair window as well?

FYI: I'm trying to install 2016.4

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@brians,

Can you ensure that you have the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2012 installed ?

Also that Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2013 or later are not installed?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos