Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmuproject
Observer
Observer

Question about system generator license

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using System Generator to convert the Matlab simulink file to Verilog file. When I clicked the generate button an error below occurs. I tried to download my license and changed the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE in Vivado License Manger 2018.2 to the downloaded license but the error still here. My license name is OEM Zynq ZU3 Ultra96 Vivado Design Edition with SDSoC Voucher pack. Is this mean I have no license for the System Generator? Could anyone help me to fix this problem? Thx!

Sysgen license checkout failed. XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\license\Xilinx.lic;D:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/data/sysgen/hwcosim_compiler/pp_ethernet Environment variable LM_LICENSE_FILE is not set. License search path: C:\Users\Qiao\AppData\Roaming\XilinxLicense;C:\.Xilinx;C:\license\Xilinx.lic;D:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\data\sysgen\hwcosim_compiler\pp_ethernet;D:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\data\ipcore_licenses Reported by: Unspecified

A summary of Sysgen errors has been written to 'D:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/examples/sysgen_demos/sysgenQAM16_sysgen_error.log' Reported by: 'sysgenQAM16/Adaptive Equalizer/ALU/Down Sample'
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nupurs

@pmuproject 

SysGen doesn't come with Vivado Design Edition licenses. Vivado System Edition is basically VIvado Design Edition + SysGen feature.
Therefore, the reason why you see this issue is because you have a Design Edition license that doesn't come with SysGen.
In this case you would need to buy at least a standalone SysGen License to be able to overcome this licensing problem.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nupurs

@pmuproject 

SysGen doesn't come with Vivado Design Edition licenses. Vivado System Edition is basically VIvado Design Edition + SysGen feature.
Therefore, the reason why you see this issue is because you have a Design Edition license that doesn't come with SysGen.
In this case you would need to buy at least a standalone SysGen License to be able to overcome this licensing problem.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

pmuproject
Observer
Observer

Hi @nupurs ,

Thanks for your reply! I found that the 30 days trail license includes SysGen so can I apply this license and download it into my PC? Will this operation affects my Vivado Design Edition license for my computer? Cause I'm using Vivado to build the hardware design and generate bitstream file as well. Thanks!

Regards,

Han

0 Kudos