cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmusah

Reed-Solomon encoder v9 error with evaluation license

I recently created an evaluation license each for Reed-Solomon encoder and decoder (version limit 2018.08).

I am currently able to edit the parameters of the decoder in System Generator without a problem, but the encoder still gives me a license error. Both evaluation licenses show up in my vivado license manager. What I am missing?

--------------------------------- Version Log ----------------------------------
Version Path
System Generator 2016.1 C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.1
Matlab 8.6.0.267246 (R2015b) C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2015b
Vivado 2016.1 C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary of Errors:
Error 0001: This block requires one or more mandatory licenses but no...
Block: 'untitled/Reed-Solomon Encoder 9.0 '
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error 0001:

Reported by:
'untitled/Reed-Solomon Encoder 9.0 '

Details:
This block requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid
licenses were found. Please update the license settings to use
this block.
Error occurred during "Block Configuration".

license_screenshot.png
0 Kudos
7 Replies
hpoetzl
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @tmusah,

The image you attached lists versions v4.0/v4.1/v5.0/v5.1 and v6.0 but nothing about v9?

Best,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
tmusah

The first license (with no specified version, and version limit of 2018.08)  should work for 9.0, no?

0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This is know issue. You can generate the core in Vivado and using black box you can import core in SYsgen

here is steps

1. Generate core in vivado
2. Create sysgen design and import Vivado IP in sysgen using black box
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
jdehaven
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Balkrishan,

I'm the FAE supporting the customer on this topic.  The customer tried the workaround, and was unsuccessful.  However, even if the workaround was successful, this would not be an acceptable solution.  Automated scripts are being used to create the Sysgen model, and the Reed Solomon blocks are configured and instantiated on-the-fly.

The IP licenses and the Vivado license are in the same license file. We have verified that the IP license is valid in a Vivado flow.  In a Sysgen flow, the netlister works if there are no IP cores.  This indicates that sysgen is finding the license file.  However, when IP is added, the netlister runs, but errors out on the IP license.

You stated that this is a known issue - is there a different workaround that will allow the IP to be used in an automated/scripted Sysgen flow?

Thanks,

jd
0 Kudos
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I believe it should work as tested by other customers. Are you able to generate IP in Vivado design flow. License check only happen during core generation . So when you generate core successfully you should able to integrate in sysgen . can you please share test case to reproduce this issue (you Vivado design block imported in sysgen). For your question about sysgen license not working please share your license file through mail . We will review your sysgen license.

Please provide list of tools you are using at your end and make sure you have all the compatible versions .

Here is list of supported matlab tools
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55830.html

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
walkerata
Observer
Observer

Has this been resolved? It doesn't look like it.

I've got the same issue. I want to use this core in a scripted sysgen flow. If I pre-generate the core in Vivado, I can't do that.

Ideas? 

0 Kudos
walkerata
Observer
Observer

For that matter, does anyone know whether or not this works if I actually go ahead and purchase a license rather than using the evaluation license?

0 Kudos