UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sarahp
Visitor

Remotely Configure XLCM License File for All Users

Jump to solution

Greetings all,

I am reaching out for support regarding my institutions ISE Design Suite 14.7 and its corresponding Manage Xilinx Licenses configuration manager. We have a floating license being managed by one of our servers. We mass deployed the ISE software to multiple computers and it all needs to be configured to point to our port@server for XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE and Set it.

Currently, we're doing it manually and wanted to figure out a way to mass deploy those configuration settings (port@server). Even when we do it manually for a user, if that user uses a different computer the following day the configuration has to be performed again.

I tried searching through the installed software folders in hopes of finding a license type file to edit, but I have had no luck so far. Perhaps this is intended behavior, but I wanted to confirm. Otherwise, if there is a solution then this would make it seamless from our user's perspective.

I've attached a screenshot of what it is I am trying to configure remotely once and take effect for any user logging into the computers.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

XLCM License Config.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Remotely Configure XLCM License File for All Users

Jump to solution

Hi @sarahp, a potential method you can use is to create a new license file in the ISE install location, that contains only the following:

example.lic:

SERVER <server_hostname> <server_hostid> <port>
USE_SERVER

This file will essentially match the first lines of your actual server license file. You can then place this file in the install location of every machine inside the <install>/data folder (for ISE), and the licenses should then automatically point to the server. You can view alternate locations inside the install at the following page under the "What are the search order and locations that Xilinx SW tools (other than CORE Generator) look for a license?" section:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/faq.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sarahp, a potential method you can use is to create a new license file in the ISE install location, that contains only the following:

example.lic:

SERVER <server_hostname> <server_hostid> <port>
USE_SERVER

This file will essentially match the first lines of your actual server license file. You can then place this file in the install location of every machine inside the <install>/data folder (for ISE), and the licenses should then automatically point to the server. You can view alternate locations inside the install at the following page under the "What are the search order and locations that Xilinx SW tools (other than CORE Generator) look for a license?" section:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/faq.html

Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!

View solution in original post

Visitor sarahp
Visitor

Jump to solution
kmorris, Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't quite find the "data" folder inside the Xilinx folder install, however, the link you provided does detail a few other locations to try. I had no luck until I reached the 6th option: %APPDATA%\Xilinx\Coregen\CoreLicenses\*.lic I placed my license file in there following the template you provided and it worked like a charm! For those interested, I placed my license file in this directory for my installation: C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\coregen\core_licenses