cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palmercliff
Observer
Observer

SDSoC License Question

The installation of SDSoC 2018.3 ran into problems on my Windows 10 machine and so I uninstalled SDSoC 2018.3.  This successfully removed SDSoC 2018.3 but then I noticed that the Start Menu selection for uninstall of SDSoC 2018.2 (previously installed) was missing.

How can I manually uninstall SDSoC 2018.2, or restore the Start Menu option for an uninstall?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
anatoli

Hello @palmercliff,

Where you able to uninstall SDSoC now or are you still looking for support, as you are still unsure how to uninstall this? Can you confirm on this please? Thanks in advance

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
evant_nq
Explorer
Explorer

Try going to add remove programs in windows and search Xilinx, it might still be listed there. Otherwise search in the .xinstall dir inside of Xilinx for xuninstall. That ideally should be the executable to remove that version of the tool.

0 Kudos
palmercliff
Observer
Observer

I have not been able to uninstall the SDSoC and do not know how to uninstall it, since the uninstaller was removed when a newer version was installed and then removed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @palmercliff,

Can you open Xilinx Information Center (XIC) on this machine and in here, see if it lists SDSoC or not? If so, there will be an option to uninstall the software within the XIC tool. See below as an example:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
palmercliff
Observer
Observer

Thanks for your reply Anatoli.  The Xilinx Information Center does not list SDSoc, but clicking on the SDSoC Icon does start it.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Thanks for letting me know @palmercliff.

Right click on the icon and select Properties. Here you can then find the location from where it is getting called. You should then be able to manually deleted these files.

However, normally, you'd navigate to C:\Xilinx\.xinstall/SDSoC_2018.2 and within this location, there would be xuninstall.exe. Can you see this in your case? Also, you can do this in the command prompt by running this command, e.g. (for the Vivado uninstall): C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2018.2\xuninstall.exe -Uninstall

Can you see if you can unistall that way too?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
palmercliff
Observer
Observer

Hi Anatoli, the xuninstall application is not in the SDSoC installation directory.

Just to confirm, I can simply delete all the files in the SDSoC installation directory, no registry entries or files stored elsewhere?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos