cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Suitable ISE for Spartan-6

I am using a SPEXI board with Spartan-6 on it and I am new to Xilinx board, I am trying to figure out which SDK or ISE is suitable to progeam and design on the board. Please enlighten me about the proper ISE to Spartan-6 I could not find a related topic regarding ISE supporting Spartan-6.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Suitable ISE for Spartan-6

n,

14.7 is the version to use.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Is this the board you are talking about?  It looks like there's an XC6SLX150T on there.  That would require a full license for ISE rather than just the free webpack.  You would also need a full license to get the EDK if you wanted to use an embedded processor in your design.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, This is the board I am using. Is there any alternative because I am student and I cant afford a full license.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @naani2901,

Check this Link:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/university.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Xilinx University Program (XUP) supports an expanded range of hardware development systems to complement the classroom learning experience with hands-on learning in the laboratory using Xilinx technology. These boards span the range from low-end, cost-effective solutions ideally suited to introductory classes, to the mid-range platforms suitable for teaching and senior projects, and the high-end that very effectively serve the graduate research community, but in addition are extremely suitable to all levels of undergraduate study.

You can verify in XUP boards link: http://www.xilinx.com/support/university/boards-portfolio/xup-boards.html. Those boards are mainly meant for university students. 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

n,

Ask your professor for how to get the license.  The XUP provides licenses to universities as part of the program.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@naani2901,

Did you get the Xilinx License with the above shared information on XUP? 

Regards,

Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos