Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajesh_s
Visitor
Visitor

Support for 20.04.1 LTS

Jump to solution

In which version of Xilinx Vivado/Vitis will official support for Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS be included?The installer needs to be run in batch mode, but I'm just wondering if I might run into issues later on since there is no official support. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @rajesh_s ,

The 20.04 version of Ubuntu is scheduled to be supported and tested with the next Vivado/Vitis release, 2020.2.

I would expect that Ubuntu 20.04.1 would then be supported around 2021.1 release of Vivado.

And yes, installing Xilinx tools on one of the unsupported Operating Systems is not officially support, which means Xilinx didn't test Xilinx tools on these unsupported OSs, so there could be other issues on the line, even if you can successfully install Vivado/Vitis on Ubuntu 20.04.1.

The recommendation is always to try and use one of the supported OS as provided in UG973: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

i.e.

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
anatoli

Hello @rajesh_s ,

The 20.04 version of Ubuntu is scheduled to be supported and tested with the next Vivado/Vitis release, 2020.2.

I would expect that Ubuntu 20.04.1 would then be supported around 2021.1 release of Vivado.

And yes, installing Xilinx tools on one of the unsupported Operating Systems is not officially support, which means Xilinx didn't test Xilinx tools on these unsupported OSs, so there could be other issues on the line, even if you can successfully install Vivado/Vitis on Ubuntu 20.04.1.

The recommendation is always to try and use one of the supported OS as provided in UG973: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

i.e.

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post