UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Syntax error while sourcing settings.csh in Xilinx 13.1 installation for Linux

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have installed XIlinx 13.1 design suite on Linux 64 bit version. After the installation, when i am trying to source the settings64.csh file i get an error. Not sure if this is an installation error. Could someone throw some light on this.

> source settings64.csh 
bash: settings64.csh: line 32: syntax error near unexpected token `('
bash: settings64.csh: line 32: `foreach i ( `/bin/ls "${XIL_SCRIPT_LOC}"` )'

source settings64.csh bash: settings64.csh: line 32: syntax error near unexpected token `('bash: settings64.csh: line 32: `foreach i ( `/bin/ls "${XIL_SCRIPT_LOC}"` )'

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Syntax error while sourcing settings.csh in Xilinx 13.1 installation for Linux

Jump to solution

The problem was that i was trying to run csh from bash. I used csh and it worked.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Syntax error while sourcing settings.csh in Xilinx 13.1 installation for Linux

Jump to solution

The problem was that i was trying to run csh from bash. I used csh and it worked.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

its not working...pleasee give me solution

0 Kudos
Observer sconvertini
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, what do you mean whe you say that you used it?

I tried to execute (./setting.csh) but the same errors arise.

Thank you

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sconvertini,

Try "csh ./settings64.csh" for running csh script. You can also use settings64.sh for setting up the environment with the command "source settings64.sh" (Please refer to AR# 47821 for more information).

Regards,

Chinmay

0 Kudos