Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reshmaakhil
Explorer
Explorer

Two licenses at same time

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am using vivado 2016.2 with 30 day evaluation license for bit stream generation. An year back i generated hardware evaluation license for trimode ethernet MAC and it expired. Today I tried to generate the same. I got the suggestion to modify the existing license(one which is generated an yera back for TEMAC). And I was able to generate the same. But when I loaded it to VLM I am unable to do perform the synthesis. I tried to generate the evaluation license again and loaded. Then I lost the TEMAC evaluation license. Is it possible to generate a single license file with both TEMAC & 30 day trial ? 

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Reshma

trial.JPG
temac.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @reshmaakhil ,

With Node-Locked licenses, you don't need to merge these together. Please generate one license for TEMAC (as Node-Locked) and rename this to Xilinx_TEMAC.lic.

Then please generate your Vivado 30-days evaluation node-locked license and also rename this to something like Xilinx_VivadoEVAL.lic.

Then put these 2 licenses into the same location, e.g. C:\Licenses

Open VLM, and under Manage License Search Path, point XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to C:\Licenses

That way Vivado will know where you've put all of your node-locked licenses and will pull these out from this location when needed.

And if you'd obtain a new node-locked license in the future, just rename this to some_name.lic and put this into the same C:\Licenses folder. You can keep all of the .lic node-locked licenses within the same C:\Licenses, they don't need to be in the same one .lic file.

However, if you need to deal with the Floating licenses, just putting these into C:\Licenses wont work in this case, as with FL licenses, you'd need to start the floating license server. 

If needed, this and other information can be found in the User Guide 973: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
anatoli

Hello @reshmaakhil ,

With Node-Locked licenses, you don't need to merge these together. Please generate one license for TEMAC (as Node-Locked) and rename this to Xilinx_TEMAC.lic.

Then please generate your Vivado 30-days evaluation node-locked license and also rename this to something like Xilinx_VivadoEVAL.lic.

Then put these 2 licenses into the same location, e.g. C:\Licenses

Open VLM, and under Manage License Search Path, point XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to C:\Licenses

That way Vivado will know where you've put all of your node-locked licenses and will pull these out from this location when needed.

And if you'd obtain a new node-locked license in the future, just rename this to some_name.lic and put this into the same C:\Licenses folder. You can keep all of the .lic node-locked licenses within the same C:\Licenses, they don't need to be in the same one .lic file.

However, if you need to deal with the Floating licenses, just putting these into C:\Licenses wont work in this case, as with FL licenses, you'd need to start the floating license server. 

If needed, this and other information can be found in the User Guide 973: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

reshmaakhil
Explorer
Explorer

Hi @anatoli ,

It worked. Thanks a lot for your effort and dedication.

Regards,

Reshma 

0 Kudos