UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor k_kowalski
Visitor

Uninstall Update 1 for Vivado 2018.2

Jump to solution

How do you uninstall an update from an existing Vivado version?

I am running Vivado 2018.2 and would like to uninstall Update 2 (2018.2.2). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Uninstall Update 1 for Vivado 2018.2

Jump to solution

Hello @k_kowalski ,

Please be aware that the Update 2 of 2018.2 is just an edition of the below 3 Defense-Grade Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC (-1M) Devices: XQZU7EV, XQZU15EG, XQZU19EG

i.e. 

image.png

Is there a reason why you need to remove these devices (Update 2)?

The only way here is to uninstall Vivado 2018.2 altogether, as there isn't such an option to just remove the update. You'd need to uninstall 2018.2 and then reinstall this once again.

However, as indicated above, by having this Update 2 of 2018.2 version of Vivado, all you have in addition to 2018.2 is these 3 above mentioned devices. Therefore, if you are not wheeling to uninstall and resintall 2018.2 from scratch, they you'd need to have this as is.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @k_kowalski ,

Please be aware that the Update 2 of 2018.2 is just an edition of the below 3 Defense-Grade Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC (-1M) Devices: XQZU7EV, XQZU15EG, XQZU19EG

i.e. 

image.png

Is there a reason why you need to remove these devices (Update 2)?

The only way here is to uninstall Vivado 2018.2 altogether, as there isn't such an option to just remove the update. You'd need to uninstall 2018.2 and then reinstall this once again.

However, as indicated above, by having this Update 2 of 2018.2 version of Vivado, all you have in addition to 2018.2 is these 3 above mentioned devices. Therefore, if you are not wheeling to uninstall and resintall 2018.2 from scratch, they you'd need to have this as is.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor k_kowalski
Visitor

Jump to solution

Actually, when installing the update, my project had some constraints that were no longer recognized, and my simulation would no longer launch. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling. Everything worked again after doing so.