06-07-2014 12:24 PM
I download Vivado2014.3 and try to apply 30-days Evaluation license!
When I connect to xilinx license website by vivado license manager tool, I got website display as the attached file.
1) Certifcate Based Licenses just have 3:
ISE WebPACK license
PetaLinux Tool License
Vivado HLS Evaluation License
Which license support Vivado RTL systhesis/implementation/write bitstream?
2) Activation Based Licenses is grayed out. I can't access them?
What should I do to get 30-days evaluation license?
06-08-2014 09:46 AM
Yes you shou;ld be usiing the 30 day evaluation license for Vivado for RTL to bistream.
This is under teh activation based licenses.
For Vivado 30 days eveluation license refer http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf
(chapter # 5)
Hope this helps.
06-08-2014 12:02 PM
06-08-2014 09:18 PM - edited 06-08-2014 09:22 PM
You need to generate Activation based license (Vivado webpack).
What is the OS you are working up on? It looks like even though you connected to Licensing site using VLM you see that the activation based licenses are greyed out.
1. Open Command prompt
2. Navigate to <Vivado_installed_directory>\Xilinx\Vivado\2014.1\bin
3. To create activation license request, run the below command. This creates a HTML file.
xlicclientmgr –cr test.xml
Open the HTML file and click on next. Generate the desired activation license.
See if this helps. If you face any error please post the same here.
06-08-2014 11:19 PM - edited 06-08-2014 11:21 PM
You are using Vivado License Manager and still observes that activation licenses are greyed-out. There are two reasons for causing this issue.
1. You are not using supported OS. See supported OS section in the following user guide: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf
2. Trusted Storage was not present on the machine.
Run this command by following below steps to create trusted storage:
a. Open Command Prompt
b. Navigate to <Vivado_installed_directory>\2014.1\bin
c. command: installanchorservice.exe xilinxd Vivado-Software
d. Then generating the license from Vivado License Manager or steps provided (command line flow) by Deepika in earlier post.