UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado 2017.3 install launches and then exits

When attempting to install Vivado 2017.3 the xsetup launches and the initial screen comes up (with introduction screen with Next button) and then goes away after roughly 5 seconds. I never get a chance to interact with the dialog.

I see this both with the web installer and the full installer.

I have tried rebooting. That made no differences.

I have tried re-downloading (both the web installer and the full installer). That made no difference.

I am running Win10 Creators Update 1703 with all patches installed (OS build 15063.674).

Ian Lewis

www.mstarlabs.com

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Vivado 2017.3 install launches and then exits

HI @ilewis,

I would suggest you to follow the AR#69908 and check if it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Shameer.

Hi @ilewis,

Do you have MY_VIVADO environmental variable set?
Do you have proper permissions on the folder where you are trying to install and make sure you dont have any spaces in the path.
Can you please share the xinstall.log file here it is located in c:/Users/user_name/.Xilinx/xinstall/

please refer the below AR for trouble shooting:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60118.html

Thanks and Regards,
Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Sravanthi,

I do not have MY_VIVADO set. I did not even know that variable existed.

I do not get as far as installing anything. I never get to interact with the installer. It just displays for a while and then closes. Therefore, I never even get a chance to set the install path.

I have attached two logs: one for the web install and one for the full install. I did not see anything informative there, but maybe you can see something.

Ian Lewis

www.mstarlabs.com

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I worked around this problem by installing for all users from a different user account on the same machine.

I believe, but am not certain, that the problem may be related to installing from a Windows domain account. My personal account is on the domain, and that account was the one that had trouble with the install aborting.

Switching to a local machine account on the same machine allowed the install to work.

Ian Lewis

www.mstarlabs.com

0 Kudos