UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor muleman
Visitor

Vivado Design Edition license and Debug layout

Hello, 

I have the below licenses provided from with a board I recently purchased. The Vivado Design Edition license that is. However, I am not able to see a debug layout on Vivado. So, the debug feature is not included in license I have? 

Capture.PNG

Cheers!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Vivado Design Edition license and Debug layout

Hey @muleman,

The available Layouts always change based on which flow is selected and what you have done so far (similar to the menu entries which is very annoying), so I wouldn't jump to conclusions there ...

For example, when you open or create a project, you typically won't see any 'Logic Analyzer' layout, till you open the Hardware Manager, which will unlock the new layout to choose from. When you go to the Simulation flow, you will get the 'Simulation' layout, but lose the others. And so on and so forth.

So for the 'Debug' layout, I'd expect that you need a design with debug cores loaded into your target from the Hardware Manger and connected via JTAG to be able to select it ...

The list of licensed features looks fairly complete so I wouldn't expect anything missing there.

Best,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!

Hi @muleman,

Check this link:

edition.PNG

Not sure if you are having specific query on ILA license or using the "debug layout" > Layout selector given in page 19.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Visitor muleman
Visitor

Thanks! Found it now.

Cheers,

0 Kudos