Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremiah_Givens
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado Design Suite not an option with VC707 license voucher

Jump to solution

My company has recently purchased 6 of the Virtex-7 FPGA VC707 Evaluation Kits. According to the documentation provided, the voucher is supposed to give us a license for Vivado Design Suite, but this does not appear as an option when I try to redeem the license. When I use the license, I am not able to compile my bitstream in Simulink's HDL Workflow, but when I use a 30 day trial of Vivado Design Suite, everything works fine. Am I choosing the wrong option when redeeming the voucher? Does the license that comes with this board not allow me to get Vivado Design Suite?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Jeremiah_Givens 

Since you only have a device locked license to VC707 you won't be able to use any other device, for using other devices you will need to buy another license i.e. either Design or System edition:

Please refer to the below link to check for the features of the Design and System edition: 

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

A device locked license covers all the packages of a device. Device locked licenses are node-locked licenses and are locked to a specific machine or dongle and come with uncounted seats, meaning that there can be an unlimited number of simultaneous runs (by any user) on the single machine. 

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Jeremiah_Givens 

A device locked license is usually included with purchased kits and boards (for example SP605, VC707. etc...), so you have 6 Device locked licenses to the VC707 kit only.

The device license allows for the synthesis and implementation of a design targeted to that specific device. Bitstream generation is also allowed as long as the device in question is not considered early access in the software version being used. whereas the 30-day trial license has the following features/limitations:

ansarimo_0-1611728904001.png

That's the reason you are not getting license error when using a 30-day trial license. Are you facing a license issue when using the VC707 device? I suspect you are targetting some other device, please confirm on this?

More information on Device locked license can be found in the Answer record below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/39845.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

0 Kudos
Jeremiah_Givens
Visitor
Visitor

I am facing no issues when using the VC707 device, but I am having issues when trying to use a Speedgoat IO334. We were under the assumption that this provided what we need to use that device as well, but that does not appear to be the case. Is there any way to make this work, or are we going to have to buy another license for that?

On another note, will a license for one VC707 work with any other VC707?

Thank you,

Jeremiah Givens

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Jeremiah_Givens 

Since you only have a device locked license to VC707 you won't be able to use any other device, for using other devices you will need to buy another license i.e. either Design or System edition:

Please refer to the below link to check for the features of the Design and System edition: 

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado.html#buy

A device locked license covers all the packages of a device. Device locked licenses are node-locked licenses and are locked to a specific machine or dongle and come with uncounted seats, meaning that there can be an unlimited number of simultaneous runs (by any user) on the single machine. 

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jeremiah_Givens
Visitor
Visitor

Ansari,

I've accepted your answer. As a final question, do you know if I can transfer a vivado system edition license to another person on another computer once I am permanently done using it?

Thank you,

Jeremiah Givens

0 Kudos
anatoli

@Jeremiah_Givens , for your other question, yes a license for one VC707 will work with any other VC707. 
VC707 comes with a Node locked & Device-locked to the Virtex-7 XC7VX485T FPGA, with 1 year of updates

So, once your design targets XC7VX485T part, then this license will be fine. 

And yes, if needed, you can re-host your license to another machine, when needed. You have 5 rehost items.

In relation to the re-hosting your license, please see User Guide 973:https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

On page 59 (onward), here you can find info regarding "Modifying Licenses". By following these steps, you should be able to re-host/modify your license for your collogues PC/Server. If you still have any issues, please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos