cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vivado License Manager stuck on H: drive when it needs to be on the C: drive

Hey I'm an intern and I'm totally stuck. On the Vivado license manager under the heading get license 
I am at the load license screen. Thats fine and dandy but when I go to copy the license (the verification is in a file on my desktop), It says "Unable to copy file 'C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'. Could not create destination directory 'H:\Xilinx'. (PS: the "\" sign is supposed to be a slash, this interface just changes it, html has a similar issue with each new entry both before and after, just a heads up). Then, after pressing OK. Another popup comes up saying "Problem encountered copying file 'C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic' to destination directory 'H:\Xilinx\' to which I again press OK to. 

I was also unable to download the Vivado design suite (the full file) instead I had to settle for just the 

SDK. Not sure if that is relevant or related in any way.

I have tried disconnecting my H: drive so it wouldn't continue to try and make a directory under that drive. What are your thoughts? 

Thanks.

Vivado design suite fail.PNG
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If you ever get this, a workaround is.. 

1. Save your license file on your local computer in a known folder

2. Open up Xilinx License Manager (Start --> Programs --> Xilinx Design Tools --> Vivado 201x.x --> Manage Xilinx Licenses

3.  In the license manager, select Manage License Search Path

4. In the LM_LICENSE_FILE box, enter the path name and license file name, such as: C:\Xilinx\License

5. Click the SET button to activate the new path

6. Close the license manager

7. Reopen the license manager and click, VIEW LICENSE STATUS. 

That should reflect the new license you installed.

Highlighted

I am having this exact same problem.   This worked for the single license file, but I want to change the home location where licenses are stored so it doesn't require an H drive.   Is this possible?   I can't find anywhere to change this default location.

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI Tim,

In the LM_LICENSE_FILE box, enter the path name, such as: C:\Xilinx\License

Don't specify the actual license file.

The license manager will then search and read all files with a  .lic extension.

0 Kudos