Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Felipe_
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado license manager - Error in Simulink

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to Execute de synthesis of my model in Simulink using Xilinx blockset. But, I got an error message related to license files. 

Two weeks ago, this issue wasn't a problem. Suddently, it started last week. 

I currently have a license. However I don't know the proper directory to place the file.

Vivado License Manager has two fields for LM_LICENSE_FILE and XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE. I'm not sure if both should be filled in, or just one of them.

I've been testing with different directories and the error doesn't change.

The license file Xilinx.lic is attached to this message, maybe it is not a full license as I though, instead is a limited trial license. EDIT:(The forum dont let me attach a .lic file)

It is supposed that i get acces to a full license because my teacher/boss got one . (I don't know if i should put the voucher code in here)

I'm working with Matlab 2014 and Vivado 2016.1. My SO is Windows 7 Professional Home. 

image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @Felipe_ ,

Sounds like you had a 30-days Evaluation license that had this SysGen feature in it, and now, this has expired (after 30-days) and hence, you don't have a valid license that has SysGen licensing feature in it.

You've mentioned you have a licensing voucher. How did you get this voucher? We normally don't provide licenses via vouchers (unless you have a purchased evaluation board/kit that comes with a free device-locked license file/voucher in the kit). 

Please generate and attach your Xinfo report, generated on the PC where you see this licensing issue. 

Xinfo.txt can be generated by running the "report_environment –file xinfo.txt" command in Vivado TCL console.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anatoli

Hello @Felipe_ ,

Sounds like you had a 30-days Evaluation license that had this SysGen feature in it, and now, this has expired (after 30-days) and hence, you don't have a valid license that has SysGen licensing feature in it.

You've mentioned you have a licensing voucher. How did you get this voucher? We normally don't provide licenses via vouchers (unless you have a purchased evaluation board/kit that comes with a free device-locked license file/voucher in the kit). 

Please generate and attach your Xinfo report, generated on the PC where you see this licensing issue. 

Xinfo.txt can be generated by running the "report_environment –file xinfo.txt" command in Vivado TCL console.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

Felipe_
Visitor
Visitor

Hello @anatoli ,

The voucher belongs to "Vivado Design Suite: HL System Edition, Node-Locked License".

xinfo.txt is attached as you request.

¿Is there any way to know the details of the license provided by the voucher code?. For example: If it could be used in more than one PC, if it has time limits, or restrictions of any kind.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
anatoli

Thanks for letting us know and for sharing your Xinfo.

Based on this Xinfo, the license table has no Vivado related licenses mentioned.

Vivado Design Suite: HL System Edition, Node-Locked License - this looks like a purchased license. 

I can see you have this license in C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic, can you share this for examination please?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos