cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xilinx Platform Studio not licensed for XC6SLX45

Jump to solution

I have a sample project for Xilinx Platform Studio that I want to use to program my board, but I get the message 'A license was not found for the XPS feature'. When I follow the directions to obtain an evaluation license, I do not see which one includes the XPS. Originally I had thought it would be part of the Vivado evaluation license, so I generated that, and it does give me access to Vivado but not XPS.

Originally I had found this thread: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Renewal-of-XPS-evaluation-licenses/m-p/690015/highlight/true#M14813 and thought the license there would help me but I still have the same issue. I have multiple license files from multiple installs in .Xilinx, don't know if that is causing an issue.

What evaluation license do I need for the XC6SLX45 board?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@smarm

You license includes the xps_tdp feature which only supports using xps for ZC7010,ZC7020 and ZC7030. 

You need a license with feature XPS, so you need to purchase a license for this.

Contact your FAE from this link to get license for XPS: https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/authorized-distributors.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @smarm

Which ISE version are you using?

Can you generate the xinfo and attach it here.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @vuppala, thank you for your reply. I am using ISE 14.7. Attached is my xinfo file.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi. I'm currently using a XC6SLX9 with ISE 14.5, having the same problems.

I'm hoping that this helps me as well and I'm here to help.

UFAL
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @vuppala, upon reviewing my own xinfo file I found that one of the listings for SDK (there are two) says that the host does not match. This is a floating license. How would I re-host this? And how did it get assigned the wrong host in the first place, as I don't recall providing host information manually?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Although I still do not see what is wrong with XPS.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@smarm

You license includes the xps_tdp feature which only supports using xps for ZC7010,ZC7020 and ZC7030. 

You need a license with feature XPS, so you need to purchase a license for this.

Contact your FAE from this link to get license for XPS: https://www.xilinx.com/about/contact/authorized-distributors.html

Thanks,
Nupur
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@smarm,

Is your issue resolved?

Thanks,
Nupur
0 Kudos