UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer arasch
Observer

ZC706 Vivado board files

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using Vivado 2018.2 and have a ZC706 Evaluation Kit.

Starting a new project I can't find ZC706 among the board files. Looking in C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\data\boards\board_files I also don't see zc706 anywhere (the closest seems to be zc702).

Is there a place I can get the ZC706 board files from or do I need to use ZC702 files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ZC706 Vivado board files

Jump to solution
Hi Arasch,

No Xilinx account should not matter. If you select the device while installing vivado then it should be added to the installtion.
I can see only few boards.
As per the options I would see more boards of 7 series/ultrascale/US+/zynq/zynq mp in the below snapshot.

But somehow you have one of different categories. Please try to re install and share the update. Also make sure you have installed the system edition in order to use this part. ZC706 is not supported for webpack version of tool.

Thanks
Harshit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Can you try to add the 7 series zynq devices and see if anything changes. Here is the AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60112.html

Capture.JPG

I can them in 2018.2. Please use the above steps to include them and it should be there.

Thanks
Harshit

0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks @harshit

For some reason if I try any of the options (also as Admin):

• Launch the installer using the shortcut Add Design Tools or Devices located with the other installed shortcuts on Windows.
  • Launch the installer from within the Vivado IDE menu (Help -> Add Design Tools or Devices)
  • Launch the installer from within the .xinstall directory of an existing install. (for example: C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2014.1\xsetup.exe)

Then the below Xilinx logo pops up.

But after few seconds disappears again without anything happening.

Regards

Arasch

Untitled.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi arasch

This might happen if Vivado is running in the background. Generally it issues the warning. 

Capture.JPG

You can try to close all the current vivado session and go to start> xilinx> add device and tools( run as admin). 

Capture.JPG

You can also try to use web installer to install 2018.2 additional device. Here is the link 

https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/xef.html?filename=Xilinx_Vivado_SDK_Web_2018.2_0614_1954_Win64.exe 

Thanks

Harshit

0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help @harshit

I tried the "Add Design Tools or Devices 2018.2" while having stopped Xilinx running in the background. But still get the same result (The logo pops up and disappears, but then nothing happens...)

Then I tried your link, but get the error that the file requested is not available.

Maybe I should remove the full Vivado and reinstall ? Just take really long...

Regards

Untitled2.png
0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Correction:

When I copy and paste your link into the browser it brings me to the right place. 

Unfortunately it does not work when I run the installation executable that starts than.

Looking thorough the installed Xilinx files I found that the zc706 folder is available under C:\Xilinx\SDK\2018.2\data\boards\board_files. But just copying that folder to C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\data\boards\board_files did unfortunately not yet solve my problem.

I also today installed Vivado on a (bigger) Linux machine and had to find out that I have the same issue there: no zc706 board files.

Is that because I am using in both cases the same Xilinx account for the download??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @harshit

in below screenshot I copied manually the zc706 folder from the SDK foder to the Vivado folder.

But even though the files in the zc706 folder have similar structure as the other board files in C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.2\data\boards\board_files

Vivado doesn't pick up the zc706 and does not show the Board for selection.

I installed Vivado on two separate machines - one Windows 10, one Linux - and both show the same results.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks for any hints...

Untitled4.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Hi Arasch,

No Xilinx account should not matter. If you select the device while installing vivado then it should be added to the installtion.
I can see only few boards.
As per the options I would see more boards of 7 series/ultrascale/US+/zynq/zynq mp in the below snapshot.

But somehow you have one of different categories. Please try to re install and share the update. Also make sure you have installed the system edition in order to use this part. ZC706 is not supported for webpack version of tool.

Thanks
Harshit
0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @harshit

That might be my mistake --- being used to the Zedboard I assumed I have to install the WebPack.

I will deinstall and install the system edition. Once done I'll let you know.

Thanks

0 Kudos