Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

ZCU102 License Voucher cover all ZCU102 versions

Jump to solution

Does the license voucher in the ZCU102 production silicon evaluation kit cover all versions. We have evaluation kits with ES2s and production production parts. We need to implement for both versions.

Thanks ahead of time,

Chuck_S

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

As a follow up. I just redeemed a voucher for our ZCU102 production kit. The generated license file includes all of the XCZU9EGs that were put on these kits: XCZCU9EG, '-es1, '-ES1_bitgen, -ES2, and -ES2_bitgen, The attached .pdf  shows the license status using the license manager. Note the Version Limit column showing the ending version for the 2 certificates I redeemed: 2018.05 and 2019.01. All the parts are the same between the two different version limits.

This means that Xilinx made it easier on their customer when using this dev kit since the license voucher covered all parts ever put on the 3 versions of the dev kit.

Xilinx does limit the devices but at least it is for the any device put on the various dev kit versions.

More details:

1. We never purchased a kit with the ES1 silicon, only ES2 and the production part version.
  2. I did a layout targeting the production version before I redeemed the new voucher. Vivado was able to get a license to do the synthesis and layout. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@chuck_s My voucher specifies my board's version (ES2) plus early releases. 

My hunch (I am not sure) is that the production board's voucher will cover both but not vice versa. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
yes it should work . I would recommend you to open the license file in word document and check validity . You may also run license manager and see if you valid license for both the version .
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Highlighted

Hello @chuck_s,

Please note that the license voucher in the ZCU102 production silicon evaluation kit only comes with a Node locked & Device-locked to the XCZU9EG (and not XCZU9EG-ES1 or XCZU9EG-ES2).

Therefore, for targeting XCZU9EG-ES1 snd/or XCZU9EG-ES2 in your design, you'd need a separate Early Access license that can be given to you once you have gained access to the Zynq UltraScale+MPSoC – EA Lounge: http://www.xilinx.com/member/zynq_ultrascale_errata.html, so that you can obtain the necessary ES licenses.

Do you have access to this already? If not, the ES licenses will only be added to your Licensing account once the access to Zynq UltraScale+MPSoC – EA Lounge is granted.

Can you please click on this link and see if you see “Welcome new user!”. If so, then please follow the steps to request access. Once done and approved, the required licenses will then be added to your Licensing account.

Once you have logged in into the lounge, there would be instruction on how to obtain an ES license (called “Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ES 2017.1 Devices”).

Once you have this Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ES 2017.1 Devices together with your Node locked & Device-locked to the XCZU9EG license, you will then be able to implement with ES1, ES2 and the production parts of XCZU9EG.

Hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli Curran,

Xilinx Technical Support

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

As a follow up. I just redeemed a voucher for our ZCU102 production kit. The generated license file includes all of the XCZU9EGs that were put on these kits: XCZCU9EG, '-es1, '-ES1_bitgen, -ES2, and -ES2_bitgen, The attached .pdf  shows the license status using the license manager. Note the Version Limit column showing the ending version for the 2 certificates I redeemed: 2018.05 and 2019.01. All the parts are the same between the two different version limits.

This means that Xilinx made it easier on their customer when using this dev kit since the license voucher covered all parts ever put on the 3 versions of the dev kit.

Xilinx does limit the devices but at least it is for the any device put on the various dev kit versions.

More details:

1. We never purchased a kit with the ES1 silicon, only ES2 and the production part version.
  2. I did a layout targeting the production version before I redeemed the new voucher. Vivado was able to get a license to do the synthesis and layout. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello @chuck_s,

Thanks for letting us know.

I've confirmed with the marketing team and indeed, until now we were providing the same voucher with ES kit and production kit.

However, a decision was recently made to have 2 licenses, i.e. one for ES Kits and one for Production.

Therefore, going forward, these features would only come with ‘ZCU102 ES2 kit’ voucher but not with ‘ZCU102 production kit’. And if new users (with the ZCU102 production kit) would need to target e.g. XCZU9EG-ES1 and/or XCZU9EG-ES2 in their design, they'd need a separate Early Access license that can be given to them separately once they have gained access to the Zynq UltraScale+MPSoC – EA Lounge: http://www.xilinx.com/member/zynq_ultrascale_errata.html.

Hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos