Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandrajit_pal
Explorer
Explorer

change or shifting of license for new platforms

Jump to solution

sir,

We had purchased 25 seats for Xilinx ISE 11.1 in the year 2009. Almost every license r in use but there r a few license which we need to change for some new platforms as some old machines are now not in use(for which we had generated some licenses. ) So is it possible. if yes what is the procedure.

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chandrajit_pal
Explorer
Explorer

yes Ankury thanks for the information, and actually I have destroyed the licenses of my old platforms(using the delete option at the bottom left under the modify lic tab) which are going to be scraped and I got those old licenses freed for my new platforms.

Best Regards
Chandrajit

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can regenerate the license from your Xilinx account with the new host id. This license can be then used with the respective systems.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Follow the below steps to regenerate your license for new machines

1. go to www.xilinx.com/getlicense and login with your user name and password.

2.In create licenses tab, select the required license file and click on generatenode locked license.

3.Now you will be directed to a dialog box, where you can enter the host id. Enter the host id of new machine and click on next two times.

4. This will generate your license with new host id and it will be emailed to you. You can now use this license file with newer machines.

Please let me know if this is of any help.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
chandrajit_pal
Explorer
Explorer

no madam , probably you did not get my question. I know the procedure for creating new licence, but here I need to generate a license which has been already created for an old machine but I need to discard that license and use it for a new machine so that the total count of the license remains same.

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Is that a floating license?

--Deepika

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
chandrajit_pal
Explorer
Explorer

no madam, node locked.

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Incase of node locked license the number of seats will not be mentioned in the license file. The nodelocked license will be locked to only one machine and works only for that particular machine. If you open the xilinx.lic file you can find the host id to which it is locked to. As you want to change it to newer machine (the host id of it will be different) and the older license will not work. In such a case you need to regenerate your license as I have mentioned earlier.

The host id can be Ethernet MAC, Hard-drive S/N, USB dongle.

--Deepika

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
chandrajit_pal
Explorer
Explorer

yes mam, but we actually have 5 old machines to be scraped and will no more be used but for those machines license was actually created so we need to substitute those licenses to 5 newly installed platforms, so that those 5 licenses doesn't waste. Will xilinx allow us to do that?

Best Regards
Chandrajit
0 Kudos
ankury
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

Please review below steps to rehosting your license file. 

To start, log in to your Xilinx.com Download Centre account (http://www.xilinx.com/getlicense) and then switch to the Manage Licenses tab.  Once on this tab, click the appropriate hostname in the upper blue box.  This will alter the lower blue box to show any licenses tied to that host.  Click on the license in the lower blue box that you'd like to rehost and then click on the "Modify License" button in the lower right.  From here, there is an on-screen GUI that will ask you information about the new machine.  Once complete, a new license will be generated and emailed to you.

i hope this helps.

Ankur

0 Kudos
chandrajit_pal
Explorer
Explorer

yes Ankury thanks for the information, and actually I have destroyed the licenses of my old platforms(using the delete option at the bottom left under the modify lic tab) which are going to be scraped and I got those old licenses freed for my new platforms.

Best Regards
Chandrajit

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos